Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. J

2500 vs 1500 and TT weight

We've had our first TT for almost a year now. I originally had a 5th gen 1500 Laramie 5.7 w/ 3.92 gears. Was a minimally optioned Laramie and had decent payload at 1615lbs. Early this year I jumped to a 2500, mostly because of the good trade-in values. Didn't get the 2500 I wanted, but it was in...
  2. J

Bypass Oil Filter Install

I see that this is definitely a less traveled forum from the 1500 sister site. But I was curious if anyone has installed a bypass filter on the 6.4 Hemi, or maybe seen somewhere it was done. I'm trying to find where to get the supply from, return is not an issue and would likely return through...
  3. J

1500 to 2500

I have already posted this elsewhere but figured I would post here as well. Yesterday I drove all day to trade in 2 vehicles and get 2 "new" ones, the first was a Durango for my wife and the second was trading my 1500 Laramie in for a 2500. When I bought the 1500 back in August of 2019 I bought...
  4. J

6 speed vs 8 speed 6.4 Hemi

So who has pulled the same trailer, or weight, with a 4th gen and their 4.5 gen? What gear did you have with both trucks? How do the two compare? How often have you had the 6 speed pull power when climbing? I could save 5k by buying a 6 speed instead of the 8 speed. How many of you think the 8...
  5. J

Year End vs. Truck Month Deals

So, I bought a 1500 Laramie about 16 months ago figuring at some point in the next 5 years we would get a TT...Covid happened and we ended up purchasing one back in June to go visit family and such. Now I've been kind of on the lookout for a 2500, I'm at the limit of what my 1500 can do and...