Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. dslbrnr

Magnetic oil drain plug??

Get one of these, makes changing oil much easier and less mess https://www.fumotousa.com/f104n.html
  2. dslbrnr

Bigger Wheels & Tires computer change.

Mine shows slower than I'm driving so I keep it 6-7 MPH under the speed limit. I'm not much of an electronic guy but I checked out the JScan AH64ID mentioned and the Pro Cal Snap. All good stuff I wasn't aware of, appreciate the info!
  3. dslbrnr

Bigger Wheels & Tires computer change.

Mines off about 6-7 MPH with 37's. I was wondering the same. The dealers used to program for free but doubt it now days
  4. dslbrnr

New owner critical info

It's not a gasser, don't drive it like it is! Drive easy until she reach's running temperature. Try to avoid short trips, if so at least let the oil reach running temps. Get her out on the hwy and let the DPF/exhaust burn off the soot to avoid problems. Follow the maintenance schedule closely...
  5. dslbrnr

Alignment Question on 2020 Ram 3500 DRW

No clue on the air ride or alignment button, maybe someone here can help with that. I would think being air ride they would align it to the normal ride height Hopefully you can find a competent alignment shop that has expertise in Ram HD 4WD trucks. I try and do it all myself if possible, hard...
  6. dslbrnr

Alignment Question on 2020 Ram 3500 DRW

I'm no expert but have adjusted my alignment myself several times after having two shop alignments done. Looking at your printout it seems like your Caster is somewhat high at five degrees positive. Mine is closer to 4 degrees positive. Also the Toe needs to be from 0 degrees positive to max 5...
  7. dslbrnr

Leaking Differential

Never had one leak where you describe it. May want to post a pic or two! My 2014 had a rear axle seal replaced under warranty.
  8. dslbrnr

24 Aisin Experience

Firebird, I see you had a 3500 in your Signature. How come you sold it and was it an HO? If so how was the Aisin?
  9. dslbrnr

24 Aisin Experience

My 2021 shifts pretty decent but like you say from 1-2 sometimes can be a little less smooth. I've owned a few 68rfe's and I'm happy with my Aisin so far. I wonder if it's in the tune on the 22-24's or hard parts. It would be nice if the dealer could reprogram that tune in the older models HO's.
  10. dslbrnr

Push to Start question on Diesel

As long as you first hold the brake pedal down, push the start button, you can let off the brake pedal and it should start. You also have to consider if the intake pre-heater is activated it will delay the starter a few seconds until heated! Mines a 2021, not sure if Ram has changed anything in...
  11. dslbrnr

oil temperature

Jeffn I don't see your truck Signature but I have an HO/Aisin, my oil temp drops but usually shortly after exiting the freeway. My oil temp doesn't cycle up down like yours but stays around 190-200. I think my oil temp has gone over 205 before it starts to drop. Not sure what temperature...
  12. dslbrnr

What oil for 2020 cummins? - Merged oil threads

I've been using this full synthetic 10w-30 since the first oil change https://www.mobil.com/en/lubricants/for-businesses/heavy-duty-lubricants/products/mobil-delvac-extreme-10w-30 Running smooth and quiet, stays on the full mark between changes
  13. dslbrnr

I need advice/help

I think I would force the tire place to send your truck to a reputable shop to get properly repaired. Sounds like a real hack job there. Good luck
  14. dslbrnr

‘23 3500 Dually Crew w/Aisin- Carli 3.25 - Unexpected Results

Your truck looks great. Yep, a little extra work to get it right but happy in the end. I was wondering if it's since I have the HO/Aisin adding extra weight but I doubt that would lose a 1/2" of lift
  15. dslbrnr

‘23 3500 Dually Crew w/Aisin- Carli 3.25 - Unexpected Results

I installed the Carli 2.5 system on my 3500. The kit included 1" rear blocks because my truck has the standard rear leaf's. I ended up with 2" of lift from the front springs and the rear blocks made the rear sit 1.5" higher. I ended up removing the rear blocks and looks pretty much level now. I...
  16. dslbrnr

Hesitation in my Aisin

OP Mine act's the same. As another poster said, best to come to a stop or close to it
  17. dslbrnr

Bigger tires on stock wheels

I run 285/75's and they fit perfect on the stock wheels. The tire is about 34.5" tall.
  18. dslbrnr

"Clunking"sound when underside is wet

A blown shock could cause that noise. I had a 2014 2500 which had two recalls one being the cab mounts and the other was a track bar mount recall. I would look into those if the shock isn't your issue. I had the track bar recall done which pretty much ruined my truck due to an inexperienced...
  19. dslbrnr

What oil for 2020 cummins? - Merged oil threads

Been running Mobil Delvac full synthetic 10w-30. Pretty good deal here https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Mobil-Delvac-Extreme-HD-Full-Syn-Diesel-Oil-10W-30-1-Gal-Case-4,373280.html
  20. dslbrnr

Odd noise

More than likely body mounts. My 2020 did the same thing and I believe there is a service bulletin/recall on those but I can't confirm. My 2021 3500 doesn't do it