Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. J

oil temperature

Yesterday, I drove back to South Florida from Alabama. 710 miles, unloaded. Watching my gauges I saw the oil temperature climb to 205 and abruptly drop to 183, then start the slow climb to 205. Rinse, repeat for the entire drive. Coolant stayed constant at 187-190, transmission at 167. I have...
  2. J

Aisin fluid - Did Mopar change suppliers?

I just came back from my dealer, where I had intended to get the transmission and transfer case fluid changed. I was on time this morning, considering they called me 5 times, and emailed me in the last week to confirm the appointment. The service advisor says, "I don't think we have any fluid in...
  3. J

tailgates - all the same?

Does the 1500 model tailgate fit the HD beds? I need a new tailgate for my 3500.
  4. J

fuel rail pressure low

I was driving to work this am and taking off at a light the truck started lurching and cutting out. I pulled over, the truck did not stall and idles fine. I proceeded knowing there is a Ram dealership 6 miles ahead. The truck could drive with limited throttle, basically above idle, but when I...
  5. J

3500 DRW - how long you going on brakes

I just turned 60k miles on my late 2020 3500 DRW. 37k of those miles are towing. I am on my OEM brakes. How many more miles should I expect before replacing?
  6. J

engine didn’t regen at all 6k miles

I just round tripped from CA to FL and back over the last 7 days and not once did the gauge show the DPF loading or regening. I was towing light the entire time, about 10k on the way out and empty coming back. I was running pretty hot both ways, 2100-2200 RPM, but other than that nothing stands...
  7. J

BD diesel CP3 conversion

New conversion kit for 2019-20 trucks. Uses a Duramax style CP3, price seems competitive. I’m still under warranty and not feeling the need to do this but I’m considering doing the conversion post-warranty...
  8. J

11.5” and 12” axle, same gasket?

Do the different size HD axles use the same gasket and is that gasket re-usable? thanks
  9. J

anyone running Nokian all-season tires?

3500 DRW Looking at Nokian One HT for stock replacement. I don’t need a winter tire, more likely to drive in heavy rain than in snow. High mileage, good handling, light mud traction, and quiet are my decision makers.
  10. J

aftermarket trailer TPMS systems - what are you using?

I need a new TPMS system for my trailer. The one I am using now is one I got on Amazon, I think a bunch of different sellers offer the same system. It works okay but loses connection with the tire sensor frequently. It comes with 6 sensors, I only need 4 but I had a bad blowout and it took the...
  11. J

Trailer tire, anyone see treadwear like this before?

I was moving some tires around on my enclosed car hauler yesterday and noticed something odd. Check out this picture, anyone see something like this before? It’s like the inside edge tire diameter grew relative to the outside diameter. I checked the tread depth and it’s pretty much the same...
  12. J

charcoal cabin air filter

After having my dog in the truck for 4 straight days on my way to Florida the air was pretty foul. He has no social graces. But it could be me blaming the dog unjustly, full disclosure. I was coming up on a service interval and decided to change out the cabin air filter early in an attempt to...
  13. J

off topic - trailer tires

What are your experiences with trailer tires? I have 225/75-15 on my enclosed hauler and have a mix of OEM tires and replacement tires, most recently Carlisle. These are load range E, speed rated L and my driving is 75 at the top end (within the limits of the interstate). Through hot states like...
  14. J

Ford load cells on ‘21 F series

I read about Ford adding load cells to the 2021 F series trucks. Great idea. Hopefully when one badge does it the others will follow. The way Ford built this in, with the interior display and a feature in the taillights to indicate load capacity is really smart. I have seen load cell add-ons for...
  15. J

rear bumper parking sensor with drop hitch

My rear proximity alert beeps constantly in R with my hitch (Bulletproof 6” drop.) With a trailer, the system is turned off, and would not do me much good anyways but I leave the hitch on full time. The bumper has 4 sensors and it seems logical that the 2 middle sensors are the ones picking up...
  16. J

biodiesel vs regular diesel vs Propel and a question on fuel filter routine

I have read that biodiesel has better lubricating properties than traditional diesel. What is the consensus here? Also, I filled up with Propel HPR diesel last week and have been reading some conflicting information about the promoted advantages. On paper it looks good but the butt dynamometer...
  17. J

Titan 50 gallon first fuel up

I installed a Titan tank and a Fleece lift pump. Reset the trip meter and have been watching it as I worked my way down the full tank. The distance to empty is based on the OEM tank and I will use AlfaOBD as soon as the security bypass I ordered arrives. The Fleece is a replacement pump and...