Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. S

Fog light for 2019 Tradesman

Bringing up the question again, has anyone not tried the new DD projector version of their type a fog light?? These should pop right in the halogen brackets and look killer/very oem. DD doesn’t even realize these will work on our halogen brackets ‍
  2. S

Turbo bark / surge

Definitely the same noise I’m hearing as well, I know it’s not legit surge like when a compressor is out of its map under load, but it’s definitely something funny going on with the turbo and excess boost through the sharp/firm aisin shift. I have not cared enough/dug into things under the hood...
  3. S

21 Aisin lockup question

Bringing this one back up in case any other new aisin owners missed it
  4. S

Turbo bark / surge

This is definitely not a groan, 98% sure it’s turbo/boost related
  5. S

Turbo bark / surge

Has anyone had a turbo bark issue on firm/quick upshifts under boost? I’m getting a very strange noise on my 2-3 and 3-4 shift under high boost/load situations which sounds like a quick bark/surge coming from the turbo, the aisin shifts so firm/quick I think it is contributing to the noise, much...
  6. S

Mud Flaps

Is the hole that requires the drilling the inner most where it attaches to the wheel well liner or was it multiple holes per flap?
  7. S

Mud Flaps

Do you have any other photos of your truck posted?
  8. S

2021 CD player pocket / wireless charger

I wish the console layout was still like the 18s truthfully with wireless built into the tray next to the cup holders
  9. S

Key Fob “mod”?

I’d be happy with the newer Dodge fob, I wonder if it is compatible with the Rams
  10. S

Key Fob “mod”?

I’d gladly take the 2018 keyless entry fob, it was way thinner with a slight recess to the buttons. Maybe the keyed fob you’re thinking of was worse. This new one is like an industrial designer at fca thought it would be easier for “working hands” maybe even wearing gloves to push the darn...
  11. S

Key Fob “mod”?

I actually made a post a while back about the fob being large, even the super duty fob is not as thick as the ram. You definitely know it’s there and I’d prefer not
  12. S

Turn signal convenience flash

Many OEMs have a variable setting for this, most of the time it is not visible to the end user, but still adjustable via the OEM’s scan tool or other OBD interfaces. 3 is hardly enough for a slow lane change and definitely not enough when towing. Anyone with Alfa I’m curious what you can see?
  13. S

Turn signal convenience flash

Has anyone successfully changed this from 3 to more flashes? 5 is my magic number and didn’t know if maybe Alfa has a parameter for this?
  14. S

21 Aisin lockup question

Thanks for the input!
  15. S

Exhaust smell in cab

I had a 20 F250 that was terrible when doing a stationary regen, it darn near made you think you were sitting in a 1960s bus depot with the diesel fumes. I’m all for the old school smell, but not in the cab
  16. S

2021 CD player pocket / wireless charger

Thank you, now I for sure need to find the pocket info. Surely I’m not the only person who thinks the phone holder is less than ideal for larger phones or cases. Now if I can just get that pocket, it would leave me with a much better option to put a phone without having to forcefully jam it in...
  17. S

Less than thrilled with my 2021 Laramie 2500

I should clarify on my post above, I do disagree with the mileage claims, my 05 nv5600 truck doesn’t even get 20 on the hwy at 75. 16-20 I feel is very realistic for these trucks depending on speed. As for being a hot rod forget the hemi I think they’re turds compared to a Cummins regardless of...
  18. S

Less than thrilled with my 2021 Laramie 2500

One word for ya, amen!! I’m the same type of guy with an engineering and formal automotive oem background and have VERY high expectations regardless of the brand. I’ve owned them all, most loyal to Dodge/Ram for one reason, Cummins. That being said my 21 is definitely a “covid era” build...
  19. S

21 Aisin lockup question

I’d for sure say mine feels just as bad or noticeable as one of my old 48re trucks on the 1-2 shift, I’m pretty bummed because the 20 I test drove was flawless and a big part of the reason I pulled the trigger on ordering a 21. It felt so good I almost didn’t believe it was an aisin. I’m going...
  20. S

21 3500 srw ride height

I was concerned when I parked next to some others on the lot, I know it’s not going to be even close to level like the ford I came from, but it’s pretty low in my opinion for having a plow prep option and being a 3500 without air