Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. L

ZF 8-speed transmission service

I'm coming up on 40,000 miles. I'll change it before it hits 50k. Like mentioned earlier, ZF says to change between 40-75,000 miles depending on use.
  2. L

How many miles do you have on your 4.5 gen gasser?

Late 2020 with 37k. Its been great. Routinely make 400 mile road trips. It loves the farm. Doesn't tow much (we use the diesel for that) but pulls its weight. The space, capacity and 4wd is why I got it. At nearly 40k I'm looking into transmission oil changes and who I'd trust to do it.
  3. L

Towing with new 6.4L

It took some getting use to, but I love the rotary shifter. Now if I can just quit turning the air on full blast accidentally every once in a while. :D
  4. L

Towing with new 6.4L

We went there back in July and really enjoyed it.
  5. L

Love my new Recons

I went ahead and had them installed. It will be a while before I can get them off road. They look good though, and hilariously, my truck was the only one with mud on it in the lift shop….I never was the thing but need to.
  6. L

Love my new Recons

Thanks, I was quoted at ~$2000 for four. The place does great work but I am thinking of shopping around a bit more.
  7. L

Love my new Recons

How much did the total cost, mount and balance, set you back if you don’t mind me asking? I’m looking at the same tire size
  8. L

4.10 Gearing Daily mpg not towing?

I think the cost per mile was averaging 2-3 cents higher. That was before the gas prices went up so I have no idea on current costs. I do know that if I am heading into an area where gas is limited (like hurricanes for us) I fill up with non-ethanol or 89, whatever I can find. I already keep 60...
  9. L

Yeah, but the cost per mile was roughly the same. I tracked it for a year between 87, 89, and ethanol free. Maybe my 3mpg was off, but not much. Range does increase.
  10. L

HA! It was enjoyable. I typically set up a podcast or audio book and drive the speed limit and not worry about anything.
  11. L

I will say this as I just got back from a week long of driving back roads at 55/65mph. The truck loves 55mph. I was nearing 18mpg with 87. I'm sure if I had the recommended 89 the range would be in the 19 or even 20mpg.
  12. L

The factory anti spin diff is crap

I read on here to press and hold the traction control until you hear a ding (about 5 sec) while in 4wd H. It works. I have have a 2020 6.4 and it engages fairly well. The mother-in-law has a diesel '18 and I spun a rear tire in grass just this weekend. Even in the '18, put it in 4wd H and held...
  13. L

Stock tires 20" wheels 14-14.5mpg avg with 20,000 miles 4.10 gearing I've been back and forth between 87 and 89 octanes, going weeks between each. The cents per mile averages out to being equal for me. So if you want a bit more range, start using 89.
  14. L

Frozen Bed Cover

It's not a bug, it's a feature. Just imagine all the thieves out there who are watching even the owner of the truck having trouble getting in there.
  15. L

For us guys without the Powerwagon lockers...there is BLDS

Yes, thanks. A couple of youtubes later. Is there any reason why the foward collision alert turns off when you deactivate the traction control? I had noticed this earlier in 4wd low.
  16. L

For us guys without the Powerwagon lockers...there is BLDS

So I've read about this feature a number of times. Someone help my understanding here, I apply gas slowly, with the correct 4wd H and traction off, do I need to apply breakage or does the system sense this and its automatic?
  17. L

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Well, I ordered it. Needs to come in first. I'll post the flaps in the mud flaps thread as well.
  18. L

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Do plain Jane husky mud flaps and a b&w hitch count?
  19. L

motor oil for 6.4 hemi 2019

is the 5038041AA Oil Filter the correct size for the srt?
  20. L

Towing enclosed trailer with 6.4

If your trip is a longer distance, consider the long bed for the 50 gallon tank. My range is about 430 miles without towing in the short bed ~30 gallon tank. Thankfully I don’t tow much.