Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. A

2024 Truck Details

Samsonite. I was way off.
  2. A

DPF Filter full. Reduced Power. See Dealer

I'm responding because I noted similar issues upthread, and for me the answer is generally, yes. We're currently on our last camping trip of the season. 4 states, ~1500 miles with our 15k 5th wheel. EGTs pulling are around 850 or higher, at least 200 degrees higher than I see running unloaded...
  3. A

Power Steering Leak - 2022 3500

Thanks, will check today after work. I've been waiting to clean it as I wanted the dealer to see it in the 'leaking' state, but since they can't look again until November 14, I am going to try and isolate and fix this. I assume I'd have to disconnect the lines to check the O rings? It's...
  4. A

Power Steering Leak - 2022 3500

Hey all, Was hoping to get some pointers on a power steering leak. Same tale of woe on getting the dealer to look at my truck, I had an appointment yesterday I made over a month ago, went up there and found out they only have one diesel tech working and they wouldn't be able to diagnose until...
  5. A

Regens at alarming rate!

I have a 2022 with ~10.5k miles. I recently installed a pair of Banks iDash monitors, because I'm especially interested in correlating EGTs + DPF status. I have an SD card I need to pop in as I want to datalog for further analysis. (Yes, I'm nerdy that way). To my point though -- I'm...
  6. A

Regens at alarming rate!

I have been watching this thread with some interest. Maybe I'm worrying about nothing, just seems like the '22s have some ... issues in this area my 2020 did not seem to have. (I have a 2022 HO). Close to 10k miles, I've done several empty trips and pull a ~15k 5th wheel. (I really need to...
  7. A

Anyone use an online auto refinance company?

Would you mind sharing the company? I'm curious, like to look and see if it gives me 'this isn't legit' feeling.
  8. A

2022 3500 - Aisin P0713

^ Thanks, this did help. Got the part a couple weeks ago, and while everything seems OK, it's still not right as far as I'm concerned. My original issue, with the trans temp reading in Drive being lower than P/R/N remains. Since it's cold right now, that results in the trans being absolute...
  9. A

2022 3500 - Aisin P0713

The saga continues. :( They've diagnosed a bad valve body. Apparently FCA sent a 'new' one and it was bad too, they couldn't program or put the trans into relearn mode after they installed it. And now I'm being told the part's on backorder and they don't know if it'll be 2 weeks or 2...
  10. A

22 Trucks and the Missing Emissions Sensor

Regens can be either soot load or time based. Every 24 hours of runtime will trigger a regen no matter what. On my new '22 though, I haven't seen the DPF screen show anything, and my '20 did, especially if I had a few short trips, that sort of thing. Haven't gotten any recall notice, and...
  11. A

2022 3500 - Aisin P0713

I checked all the fuses, and I've been under the truck twice checking the wire harness on the trans and what it connects to upstream. Still waiting to hear from the dealer, so I don't have it handy to trace grounds. Hopefully I'll get some news next week, I'm not really holding my breath for...
  12. A

2022 3500 - Aisin P0713

Thought I'd throw this up in case anyone else runs into this: the saga continues. Cleared the P0713 code, it popped again the next day, cleared it again and set an appointment at the dealer. Saved freeze frame data and all that for them. They basically looked at it and then said because...
  13. A

CP4 to CP-ISB21S3 (revised CP3) change for 2021 6.7L Diesel Trucks -- Merged Threads

I think, for those who've seen the threads and FCA notice, there's a lot of curiously about what actual pump will be installed. I know I am, to see if they're adapting the 21+.
  14. A

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Can't speak for military discounts (thank you for your service), but the original pricing was honored even after price increases between order and delivery. Painless. Had presigned almost everything except for a couple things related to my trade. If you have other discounts, I have almost...
  15. A

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Yes. It's pretty buggy. I turned off wireless airplay. I've had a few random crashes. It's laggy when you turn on heated seats/wheel etc. I knew going in this would likely be the case. I'm expecting more patches in a few months. It's not unusable. Just annoying, and disappointing for a...
  16. A

2022 3500 - Aisin P0713

Hey all, Just curious if anyone else has seen this code on an AIsin. Headed out this morning, it's about 35 degrees here, fired up my truck. Once I put it in reverse, check engine came on and I noticed my trans temp monitor reading (I have it on the center right) was negative. At first, gear...
  17. A

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Tonneau and toolbox installed today. Added some "tools" too.:p:D:p:D
  18. A

Are HO Cummins falling out of favor for SO for "22 3500?

I had a 2500 w/o air, and now a 3500 w/o air. I'm waiting on new tires, so I haven't bothered to drop the pressure on the Transcraps, but I don't find the ride that much different anyway. I didn't buy an HD truck (2500 or 3500) to worry that much about ride. Only time I noticed a difference...
  19. A

For those weights, SO w/ 68 is fine. If you have any future plans of towing larger, I'd just skip right to the Aisin. You'll definitely see better fuel mileage on an SO if that's a thing for you. Even an SRW HO uses more (having recently 'upgraded'). My impression is that when 4.5 gen's came...
  20. A

I have to agree, I actually like how the Aisin shifts compared to the 68RFE. There's little to no flare, the shifts feel good and firm. 1st gear can be 'clunky', but the ratio of 1st gear between the AS69 and 68RFE is decently significant, and if you're on the throttle, you can feel a bit of...