Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. LateToTheParty

Tire cupping

First place I would look is the shocks. Luckily you should be able to pull them and check them before you throw money at a new set. Track bar could be to blame as well, but beyond what you already noticed, not much to examine, so it's just throwing $ at a guess at that point. It could...
  2. LateToTheParty

5th Gen Dually weather cover

I'm not sure if it is a US vs CA thing or not, but I just did a quick Google search for "crew cab dual rear wheel truck cover" and the first two results (carcoversfactory.com) and (budgecovers.com) both show they have available options that would work. I don't know anything about either of the...
  3. LateToTheParty

Advice for lift on my 2024 3500 Longhorn

My advice would be that if you're only planning to go with 35s and want to maintain the ride, don't bother lifting it. Instead spend that money on properly offset wheels and you'll be good to go.
  4. LateToTheParty

Jack base for Ram 3500 Prospector

I only have a 3" lift and 37s, so the stock jack works just fine for me, but as others have already mentioned, a nice solid block of wood is your best bet to safely give yourself some more height. The high-lift type plastic bases and even those AEV sells for the Jeeps/GM trucks won't have a...
  5. LateToTheParty

2014 6.4 exhaust

I'm not sure what your Flowmaster setup sounds like, but I can tell you nobody who has ever heard my MBRP would ever use anything close to "quieter" in reference to it. Everyone in my neighborhood knows when I leave and when I get home. Everyone at work (granted it is only a 4 story office...
  6. LateToTheParty

" No Nodal" NAV message

I asked Microsoft Copilot and here was one of the responses. When a GPS device cannot receive signals from enough satellites to accurately determine its position, it may display messages like “no signal,” “no fix,” or “no nodal.” Since you mention you only use nav while on a trip, it sounds...
  7. LateToTheParty

Windshield sun shade for 2022 5500?

Looking at the Mopar parts sites, they all show the same windshield part # for 2500-5500, so I would assume WT is just shorting themselves of some potential business by not expanding their fit guide.
  8. LateToTheParty

2019 RAM 2500 WATER LEAKS IN CAB

Do you have a sunroof? If so you may have a clogged drain line. If not, do you have the roof lights? If so I would suspect them.
  9. LateToTheParty

Need to find my gear ratio

Welcome. I'm assuming the year is a typo and you're really not here visiting from 82 years in the future (If I'm wrong I would guess you'll start getting a ton of questions coming your way). I'm not sure how you tried decoding your VIN, but assuming nothing has been replaced, you should be able...
  10. LateToTheParty

Bed winch mount

https://minuteman1.com/store/attachments/winch-mount-includes-winch-fairlead-584/
  11. LateToTheParty

Ranch Hand bumper installed. Value of factory front bumper?

I think it is all going to depend on the market where you're located. I see take offs around here listed all the time from 200-500, but they seem to be continually reposted until I assume they get scrapped.
  12. LateToTheParty

Sun block for front windshield?

Do you put the sticker on and remove yourself? Or does someone else have to do that? If you are in control, StickerShield is a great option. I use it for state parks passes, work parking pass, express toll pass, etc, but I control all of those.
  13. LateToTheParty

Navigating in your Ram

I do have the Naviks box so can use the native nav while in motion, but I typically rely on Waze, as it usually understands me, unlike so many other IVR systems.
  14. LateToTheParty

HELP - Lots of power but start switch is dead (or now crazy)

Not sure what part of Denver you're in, but for what it's worth I had mine dropped at Autonation in Littleton as they were the only ones in the Southwest portion of the metro area who said they'd even be able to look at it in under 2 weeks (this was back in July). All others I called told me...
  15. LateToTheParty

HELP - Lots of power but start switch is dead (or now crazy)

Sounds like a dead starter to me. The starter on my 2020 died at 35,875 miles, luckily just barely within the 3yr 36k warranty. The symptoms sound nearly identical. I just hope you have a better towing experience than I did. Took me calling 8 different companies and waiting for over 5 hours...
  16. LateToTheParty

Looking to try to upgrade my 2020 Ram 2500 to handle a fifth wheel - like a 3500

I guess it all depends on how good of a fabricator you are. If you were to replace all of the components for the coil spring rear and replace with a leaf spring setup like on the 3500s, I would envision you'd be getting pretty close to what you're after (assuming you never drive through one of...