Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 6.4 exhaust

Reggie

Reaction score
I recently bought a 2014 Tradesman with a 6.4 Hemi which came with an aftermarket Magnaflow dual exhaust installed. This exhaust has seen better days and is too loud for my liking anyway. I am wondering if anyone with experience with the MBRP catback 4" single exhaust and the Magnaflow dual exhaust could tell me if the MBRP would be quieter in the cab and out. Also, if I kept the duals would there be a noticeable echo off a camper being towed. I had a 2020 5.7 before and didn't notice an eco but that exhaust was significantly quieter.
Or, do I just switch out the muffler to quiet it down? Thanks

Edit: Got under the truck today and its actually a Flowmaster single 3.5" in and dual 3.5" out with a 13 x 9 muffler.

Last edited:

DrDanteIII

Reaction score
I recently bought a 2014 Tradesman with a 6.4 Hemi which came with an aftermarket Magnaflow dual exhaust installed. This exhaust has seen better days and is too loud for my liking anyway. I am wondering if anyone with experience with the MBRP catback 4" single exhaust and the Magnaflow dual exhaust could tell me if the MBRP would be quieter in the cab and out. Also, if I kept the duals would there be a noticeable echo off a camper being towed. I had a 2020 5.7 before and didn't notice an eco but that exhaust was significantly quieter.
Or, do I just switch out the muffler to quiet it down? Thanks

Edit: Got under the truck today and its actually a Flowmaster single 3.5" in and dual 3.5" out with a 13 x 9 muffler.
I Had an MBRP single exit on my trundra before I got rid of it. That exhaust was loud. Way louder than the JBA exhaust it replaced.

Last edited:

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
I'm not sure what your Flowmaster setup sounds like, but I can tell you nobody who has ever heard my MBRP would ever use anything close to "quieter" in reference to it. Everyone in my neighborhood knows when I leave and when I get home. Everyone at work (granted it is only a 4 story office building) knows when I leave. And it definitely resonates a bit off of anything I tow with a solid front panel. Not enough that I would make a change, but it doesn't sound like what you're after.

Users who are viewing this thread