Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. AttilaTheHun

Fuel additive

What a bomb idea!!!
  2. AttilaTheHun

Rotella T6 5w-40 Availability

for us US guys, walmart is my first choice due to price. If they don't have it, I've had good luck at Menard's and O'Rileys will price match wal mart. Most people don't know they still do price matching. Oriley's usually has a lot of it, but they usually want $35 for a gallon. Price matched to...
  3. AttilaTheHun

Another CP4 Thread.. Post your mileage on your CP4 truck.

as of yesterday: 100k (and change). Still have the non symmetrical (1st version) in the truck, no issues yet, and hopefully it'll last til they fix it under the recall. Hotshots EDT every tank, and Extreme every oil change. Still purrs like new
  4. AttilaTheHun

DEF - What brand do you use?

any random truck stop kind. Never had an issue, and have just over 100K as of yesterday, and I am now the warranty. I don't think I ever bought a jug of DEF since new. Always truck stop DEF from the pump
  5. AttilaTheHun

Snow Chains

I have two sets of these for my 4x4 (DOT requirement) and love them. super easy to set up, self tightening, and good to 30 mph. They served me well last winter in OR https://peerlesschain.com/passenger-tire-chain/auto-trac They are about $80-120 depending when and where you find them.
  6. AttilaTheHun

Cummins 6.7 Oil Analysis Thread

yes, I haul RVs as a business. 85-95% highway driving 62-65 MPH while loaded 72-[not gonna admit] it while empty. Fun fact, you cannot set the cruise control higher than 85. ;-)
  7. AttilaTheHun

When to drain the water separator?

About 13.5k when the light came on. being that my filters at 15k weren't all that dirty my best assumptions is that that truck stop either just got a fuel delivery and their diesel was all mangled up or they were low... That's the only time the light ever came on. No noticeable difference in the...
  8. AttilaTheHun

Gotcha. Guess I'm using it as intended then, as 0% is always on point at 15k miles... I go through that number in a month and a half depending on how hard I run. lol
  9. AttilaTheHun

I did the first ever oil change from whatever was in there from the factory to the Kirkland at 7500 miles. I figured I'm not going to go all the way to 15k on the factory oil being that break-in is a thing, even though diesels aren't really broken in until a good 30-50k miles are in her...
  10. AttilaTheHun

Tailgate alignment ?

Mine's the same way. 19 bighorn 2500 short bed. she's a working girl, so I'm not too bothered by it lol. I got over worrying about stuff the minute I had to install a gooseneck B&W turn over ball and had to drill a hole in the middle of the bed and side for the 7-pin extension. It got me over...
  11. AttilaTheHun

These are my two reports I have sent in so far, I have a third oil change ready to send in, just haven't had the time yet. Note the Kirkland 15-40. After discovering that I need 10 weight per the TSB, as of this last oil change I switched to Rotella T6 5-40, so the next sample will reflect that...
  12. AttilaTheHun

Should I be worried? Weird (cold start) CP4 noise and filter bottom seems to have shavings or crap...

to be honest, I'm not sure, but it came from that general area. Right now the transmission fluid is draining overnight, once I have new fluid in her tomorrow, I'll double check everything under there in case something may be stuck somewhere now that she's on jacks. Next time I'm replacing the...
  13. AttilaTheHun

Should I be worried? Weird (cold start) CP4 noise and filter bottom seems to have shavings or crap...

That, or Half Life 3... lol Happy to see another gamer in here. Ok I'll stop being paranoid. I'll make an appointment the next time I'm home for a week. I'm not overly concerned, as EDT usually keeps here lubed up well, and she still has a good warranty. I'd be more concerned of the down time...
  14. AttilaTheHun

So today I did my filters, after 15k miles, truck is at 55.5k. The only "issue" which really wasn't one during this time was the water in fuel light came on in the middle of nowhere after a fill up (I'm suspecting some low quality fuel at that specific truck stop). I ended up pulling over and...
  15. AttilaTheHun

CCV with 55.5k miles for reference

Today amongst other things I replaced my CCV. I know it's only supposed to be at 75k, but I like to be ahead of the schedule as much as I can. Here's some pictures in case you guys were wondering what it may look like. Took about 30 minutes and I took my time, the rear screws were inconvenient...
  16. AttilaTheHun

When to drain the water separator?

I had the Water in the fuel light come on. This was out in the middle of nowhere with no extra filter on hand. (now I have a set at all times) and all I did was crawl under the back, opened the tiny valve, let out the fuel until the murky stuff turned into clear fuel, and closed the valve. did...
  17. AttilaTheHun

Hotshot LX4

EDT all day long, actually has LX4 in it already. If you buy directly from them 1gal at a time it's crazy cheap compared to buying it on the fly. Ran out of it a bit ago and started using the white bottle power service anti-gel. Can't say I'm happy though the engine is noticeably raspier. Going...
  18. AttilaTheHun

DEF filling at pump?

Haven't had an issue with mine, and I fill up at truck stops all the time being over the road a lot. Now the DEF pumps at the truck stops are fast, so I barely squeeze the trigger and regulate the flow rate that way. if I leave it at the first click, it's an 8th short. I wait 20-30 seconds and...
  19. AttilaTheHun

Washer fluid light

Had it happen to me last week. made sure it was full... Until I drove around a bit and the weather got above freezing it stayed on, and no squirts out of the nozzle. Figure the washer fluid in the pump or the sensor was frozen up. Now have heavy winter blend in the reservoir, no problems since...
  20. AttilaTheHun

6.7L Miles

2019 2500 bighorn CC SB 37,124. Love this thing...