Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Snow Chains

dm6

Reaction score
I was going to get ladder cables or the z chain cables but I guess it is a good point that if I likely will never use them anyways, I may as have regular chains in case I really ever do need them. What do you think about these?

el_barto

Reaction score
I have heard good things about that style (Diamond) chains. Due to the Diamond pattern they are constantly in contact with the ground so they offer good grip on ice/offcamber where lateral stability is important. They are however not as heavy duty and could be more easily damaged offroad.
Also…I helped a buddy put them on his truck once, I found them far more confusing and difficult to install than cables or ladder chains

AttilaTheHun

Reaction score
I have two sets of these for my 4x4 (DOT requirement) and love them. super easy to set up, self tightening, and good to 30 mph. They served me well last winter in OR

They are about $80-120 depending when and where you find them.

Attachments

• 20210214_103628.jpg
    20210214_103628.jpg
    480.1 KB · Views: 34

CanadianIronhead

Banned for flashing
Reaction score
I've got an old set of Pewag vbar chains, only used them once on an incredibly steep ice and snow covered hill backcountry camping.
Don't cheap out on chains as even the medium price point so called "reputable" brands are made or sourced from China.

dm6

Reaction score
I actually ended up ordering a set of these from etrailer. They arrived today and I just put them on the truck at home to see how they fit. They went on very easy and fit great. Seem pretty decent and are not too heavy either.

Users who are viewing this thread