Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. L

Recall VB6 - 2019 DJ D2 Diesel Engine Calibration

VB6 is definitely for the HO with AISIN. Not the transmission issue. I just received my recall notice today for my 2019 3500 HO with Aisin. My problem with it is they say they will reprogram the PCM but they give no indications on what that reprogramming will do to performance or mileage.
  2. L

Diesel gas comparison

I am getting 12mpg towing an 12000# load with my 2019 3500 HO SRW. It is a 5000# trailer and 7000# Jeep, When I tow extra heavy (2 Jeeps on my 35' trailer ~20,000#) I get 9.5mpg. (this is a 16,000 miles on the truck - when I first bought the truck I was getting 9.5-10 towing a single Jeep on...
  3. L

Harmon Kardon Sub

I found it is the source music that determines the level of base. Music from my phone or USB has solid base. Most Sirius channels do not.
  4. L

Anybody Have Any Issues with the new HD's yet?

I am having exact same issue with blue tooth. If I turn bluetooth off and back on it reconnects and works for a few more minutes before it does it again.
  5. L

My fill line for DEF pushes down through the mounting surface of the filler compartment each time I fill up with DEF at the truck stop. I have to fish it back up into the filler compartment and hold it with my fingers while I put the cap back on. It is a total pain. I have to take it in to...
  6. L

Soft Open Tailgate?

Mine opens slowly and smoothly. It takes about 3 seconds to drop completely
  7. L

Question on Surround Sound

With XM on mine all speakers play but it is a simple stereo signal that is spread left/right instead off the surround sound simulation.
  8. L

Tow Technology Package does not have Blind Spot detection when towing.

I guess my point is that is not what is expected when you buy "towing technology" with blind spot detection. That is very misleading. Blind spot detection is only available when not towing. So why include it in a towing package? The implication is that you get blind spot detection while...
  9. L

Even if it says "truck only" why would it disable it when you hook up a trailer and why if it is only used if you are not towing would it be part of the Towing Technology Package?
  10. L

My 2019 3500 SRW Laramie Longhorn came with the Towing Technology Package which claims it has blind spot detection - I assumed this meant while towing. However whenever I plug my Gooseneck trailer into my truck it immediately disables blind spot detection. Do I have a problem or is this...
  11. L

Made it nearly 22 hours with the new truck before the rear camera decided to stop working.

After waiting a week for them to call me and let me know th camera was in, I decided to call the dealership. After spending nearly an hour trying to get to someone in service I was finally able to leave a message for the service manager. He called me back in 30 minutes and told me the camera...
  12. L

Update on my backup camera issue. The dealership diagnosed the problem last week and ordered a replacement camera for the tailgate latch. They told me 3-4 days and they would call me. After a week of waiting I called them. It took me 3 class, an hour on the phone and I was finally able to...
  13. L

Fuel milage for 3500 HO

I have a 2.6mpg drop between 70 and 75 (15.6mpg at 75 and 18.2mpg at 70)
  14. L

Fuel milage for 3500 HO

I tested mine this weekend since I was making the same trip multiple times. At 75 MPH I get 15.6 MPG average, at 70 MPH I get 18.2 MPG and at 65 MPH I get 19.8 MPG. I was shocked to se that big of a difference between 70 and 75. 2019 3500 Crew Cab SRW HO Aisin.
  15. L

Fuel milage for 3500 HO

I am getting 15.6 on my first 600 miles with a crew cab 3500 HO SRW. I did put my truck on the scale and it came in at 8320 lbs.
  16. L

Update on Dealership Issue

I don't blame you a bit. I would switch truck brands in order to have good customer service. The trucks are commodities, the service is where a dealership can make a difference.
  17. L

Update on Dealership Issue

Unfortunately it is become the rule in dealerships instead of the exception. I tried to book an appointment to bring my truck into my dealership for a faulty backup camera (400 miles on the truck). I called, was put on hold and hung up after 20 minutes. Called back an hour later, was put on...
  18. L

I assume the shifting problem is limited to the 68RFE Transmission. I am not having that problem with the Aisin.
  19. L

Anyone trade in a 2018 towards their new 2019?

That's OK, I got the truck I wanted and if I paid a little extra I don't mind. I believe every good business should make a profit - so that they can stay in business.
  20. L

Anyone trade in a 2018 towards their new 2019?

Mine listed for $83,415 and I paid $77k for it. Since they had to transfer it from a different dealership 250 miles away they were not willing to deal like they would have with one on their lot. They had a 2019 Laramie Dually that listed for $86k and I could have gotten it for $75k with the...