Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harmon Kardon Sub

hunter3763

Reaction score
The sub on this 17 speaker Harmon Kardon sucks. I have read other threads here and everyone seems to have similar opinions. Is there an update for the AMP that fixes this problem I read somewhere yes, and other places that its only for the 1500?

Thanks!!

Zrojas

Reaction score
I don't know if it will fix that problem but there's supposed to be a Uconnect update in Q4...so maybe?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
One thing that may help

Go into the equalizer under audio settings. Turn the base the whole way up and make the other two almost the entire way down. There seems to be a bug in the software crossover and if the mod and treble are up at all it takes the bass away

jakebrake

Reaction score
I have the HK in my 3500 Long Horn mega cab, with the 12" Uconnect. I too discovered that there is little bass.

Well the other day I had the radio on a local FM and to my surprise " Mega Bass "

I switched to SiriusXM and " NO " bass to speak of. Going back and forth it was night and day.

I had my adjusted to 7 instead of all the way up and still had good heavy bass ( FM only )

Try it and see what ya'll come up with: COULD THE SIGNAL BE THE PROBLEM ??

labjr1

Reaction score
I found it is the source music that determines the level of base. Music from my phone or USB has solid base. Most Sirius channels do not.

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score
Indeed! Was curious how a 700 watt, 17-speaker sound system could sound so tinny, even after ramping up the bass. Then I plugged in one of my 30+ year-old CDs and... OMG that sounds GOOD! Back seat over the sub was floating! Gotta be some software issue at work here.

HORam

Reaction score
This works well! Thanks bumping now!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

HORam

Reaction score
One thing that may help

Go into the equalizer under audio settings. Turn the base the whole way up and make the other two almost the entire way down. There seems to be a bug in the software crossover and if the mod and treble are up at all it takes the bass away
This works well. Thanks bumping now!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread