Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. BULLSANDBUCKSHUNTER

CP4 recall thread (merged threads) - Y78 Jan 2022 recall campaign - Parts Available May 10 for 2020 trucks only

My issue was and is SA says "they can no longer order kits"? He isnt sure why as they had been ordering them but says i am 7 or 8 on the list but will call me when they can even order parts. SA seems like sharp guy but he may be only one in building i hold that opinion of...lol. Hopefully Ram...
  2. BULLSANDBUCKSHUNTER

CP4 recall thread (merged threads) - Y78 Jan 2022 recall campaign - Parts Available May 10 for 2020 trucks only

So guys i havent read every page and been away for awhile. Took my 2020 in today, recorded engine S/n and schedualed another recall and 2 warranty (seatbelt/batteries)repairs. The service rep says they can no longer order kits to do cp4 and there not sure why. Said they were authorized 2 per...
  3. BULLSANDBUCKSHUNTER

Brake Controller Troubleshooting/Technical Info

My truck has same "disconnected" warnings and no brakes all the time. Lights on trailer stay on whole time so i know it aint, but that dam dinging and warning get annoying. Always happens first time on bumpy roads or off road and have to turn off truck to reset it once on smooth highway. Been...
  4. BULLSANDBUCKSHUNTER

Weather stations

Yep, useless! Around house and normal travels, lucky If i can find one with 100 miles. I also seldom have cell reception so majority of the sirius system stuff doesnt work. On normal day I have satellite radio and weather for a town in the next state and hours drive time away...dont think i...
  5. BULLSANDBUCKSHUNTER

What's on your Aux Switches

So far just underhood maintenance lights and backup/underbody flood light. The backup lights up are awesome when loading/unloading camp in dark. In future would like to add lightbar(not sure how yet)and a fuel transfer aux pump
  6. BULLSANDBUCKSHUNTER

Nav screen

So i have my half screen nav setup, whenever i start truck i get the "where to" screen with 6 or 8 saved locations. My question is has anyone figured out to get the start screen to be the map? Currently upon start i just slide to second page to get map but would like have map on start up. Due...
  7. BULLSANDBUCKSHUNTER

Factory Spray in liner

I would much rather have linex, it seems very thinly applied from factory and not very durable. Already have some dings and dents in my bed that i dont believe i would have with linex.
  8. BULLSANDBUCKSHUNTER

My favorite things my RAM does are:

Ball chiller, 50gallon tank, lots of storage! All great...
  9. BULLSANDBUCKSHUNTER

2021 Stop Sale on certain diesels incoming (intake air heater relay). - Recall Y76 REFRESHED OCT 2021

Ya but does it even work? My 13k mile truck still shows 15 miles is the other stuff updating?
  10. BULLSANDBUCKSHUNTER

Seats

Firm but very comforable
  11. BULLSANDBUCKSHUNTER

Hitch drop size Ram 3500?

Weigh safe aluminum 8" set at 6-7" for my cargo trailers is perfect on factory tires, if i go up a tire size should still be great. Got mine "used" off amazon for $180, 2 ball set unopened in a damaged box. was going to get a bullet proof but couldnt pass up that deal. Really like design of...
  12. BULLSANDBUCKSHUNTER

HD coil upgrade

He doesn't want a solution, he just wants coil springs...
  13. BULLSANDBUCKSHUNTER

HD coil upgrade

Air bags and plumb independently. Super easy and relative cheap.
  14. BULLSANDBUCKSHUNTER

in the market..

If you get a long bed get the 50ga tank! DON'T fall for what shines and on a dealers lot, you will thank me later....if that means ordering so be it
  15. BULLSANDBUCKSHUNTER

First Oil/Filter change. What were they thinking?

I just do it over cardboard, when done back it out hose everything off and leave there for couple hours to drip any excess. Agreed better places but seen far worse!
  16. BULLSANDBUCKSHUNTER

What's the best deal anyone has negotiated for the Sirius XM Guardian Convenience + Security package?

Cool, last thing i read was: was for mobile units only for transfers limited to 3 or they would buy out contract at like$75 i think. I will have to read up on it. Thanks for heads up
  17. BULLSANDBUCKSHUNTER

What's the best deal anyone has negotiated for the Sirius XM Guardian Convenience + Security package?

Lifetime here also $250 2006? then $100 more when they merged2008? Been WELL worth it but supposedly there going to argue when this trial runs out and tell me its only for mobile devices...lawsuit pending, get mail on it occasionally. i dont have cell signal and little to no regular radio...
  18. BULLSANDBUCKSHUNTER

Negotiating with FCA Finance on an Ordered Truck

Mid july, not impressed with BOA but its all autopay now so no biggie. I dont remember 0% 36 as option plus i got couple discounts that would of disallowed a fca deal, either way i wanted longer term(72ish) i was surprised they didnt push fca what so ever. I was completely impressed with...
  19. BULLSANDBUCKSHUNTER

Negotiating with FCA Finance on an Ordered Truck

I went pre approved(usaa) when my truck arrived, dealer promised he could beat rate and he did, got me 1.9? Which at time was almost fulll point cheaper than my bank, with local BOA. Guess they have deal with kickback but same terms better rate i took it. Fca couldnt compete what so ever on a...
  20. BULLSANDBUCKSHUNTER

DEF

I dont see advantage of truck stop def pumps, maybe little cheaper but no faster. I would rather use a clean jug with a clean funnel i keep in a ziplock. I keep pair of rubber chem gloves just for truck stops, but how do they get them that dirty? i have seen them like they used pump handles to...