Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. filemaniac

Pulling a TT or 5er? Where/how are you mounting your screens for TTMS/Backup Camera/Garmin/Whatever?

Got my Bulletpoint Rubigrid mounted in my RAM 3500 (2023 Limited Mega Cab) with the 12" screen. It sort of fit with the factory but the corners definitely were right up against the edges. However, with @Brutal_HO's base, it raised it just enough to clear properly and still be secure. I did...
  2. filemaniac

Pulling a TT or 5er? Where/how are you mounting your screens for TTMS/Backup Camera/Garmin/Whatever?

I still use my rearview when towing because it's handy to have the side mirror camera views up there with a trailer (I have DVRM 3.0), so I didn't want to block it. I did get my BulletPoint mounted finally though, will post photos.
  3. filemaniac

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

If it helps, I've had my truck since 4/17 and it still says TBD in the RAM tracker lol. It definitely isn't that accurate!
  4. filemaniac

Thank you! Took the TT out for state inspection today and it pulls like a dream, so definitely the right choice. Don't give up hope, I was tracking it daily for the last few weeks lol.
  5. filemaniac

Do you remember what type and length you're using? I had some #8 3/4 inch sheet metal screws laying around and while they do seem to thread OK, it still seems a little loose for me, and I'm afraid to try 1 inch (although I guess I can also use washers too). Thank you so much.
  6. filemaniac

Hey @Brutal_HO, did you have to substitute longer screws to get it mounted? The factory ones don't quite reach for me once I mate it to this base, so I'm wondering if I'm missing something or if I should look for longer screws. (I don't want them so long that they cause damage lol). My dry...
  7. filemaniac

Got back from vacation and picked up my 3500 from the dealer today! RAM tracker still shows TBD for delivery date lol. Happy that the wait is over! Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
  8. filemaniac

I'll have the 12" but based on comments and pics I've seen here, I'm fairly confident I can make it work.
  9. filemaniac

Weight distribution hitch for 3500 with ram factory air

How much? I currently have a BlueOx SwayPro 10k which I don't hate but I don't especially like either. I'm swapping out a Navigator for a 3500 with the factory rear air so it's a bit of a change. Plus I'll have to use hitch reducer so if the price is right this may work better. Are you able...
  10. filemaniac

My Furrion 7" screen is one of the things I want mounted to the Rubigrid lol. The suction cup is serviceable in my current Navigator, but it does fail once in awhile when it's super hot out. I wanted a cleaner look in my RAM 3500 (which I should hopefully get next week!) so I went with the...
  11. filemaniac

Thank you! I just pulled the trigger on the Rubigrid even though it says it doesn't work with the 12" screen (but seeing the other example here where it does makes me feel better) and I'm having your design printed up now.
  12. filemaniac

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Mine was stuck at "intermediate arrival" from 3/10 till the morning of 3/13 somewhere in IL (sounded something like "Hedgewich" but the voice for the NS intermodal check is really hard to understand lol). As of yesterday, I'm somewhere in Indiana (some other place I couldn't make out from the...
  13. filemaniac

Mine made it to IL (Stronghurst then Chillicothe) yesterday, and as of 9:15PM last night "intermediate arrival on train in Gibson, Indiana", whatever that means...
  14. filemaniac

Question on railcar tracking. @brv10 was kind enough to get me the railcar number TTGX973336 and estimated transit time data. I was using CSX' phone tracking and getting no movement (my railcar is supposed to go BNSF first, then NS) as the last update said "empty/released Mira Loma 2/16...
  15. filemaniac

I think @brv10 was just answering the question of whether it takes 10 minimum of a color to start a production run of said color.
  16. filemaniac

Well, apparently my 3500 Limited shipped! I'm pleasantly surprised after 4 months of no status changes. My delivery date changed from 4/28 to TBD though. Can someone remind me how I figure out what rail company, train, and car I'm on? I know it's somewhere in this thread, but I can't find it...
  17. filemaniac

@brv10 - Can you tell if I'm currently waiting for a train? VON 57240121, VIN 3C63R3PL2PG515812. Thank you!
  18. filemaniac

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

You're welcome! I ordered a 3500 Limited Mega Cab with SO engine so my numbers slightly lower: MAX PAYLOAD LB 3,692 MAX TOWING LB 19,460
  19. filemaniac

https://www.ramtrucks.com/towing/towing-guide.html/vin-lookup
  20. filemaniac

Oh - does the RAM tracker show a VIN for your truck yet? It needs that to be populated first.