Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pulling a TT or 5er? Where/how are you mounting your screens for TTMS/Backup Camera/Garmin/Whatever?

b1lanc

Reaction score
Sure. They were pretty stable. The cellphone holder came with the rubigrid and had a little longer arm. I switched that over to the Furrion backup camera which allowed me to lower it just above the AC vent for quick views without taking my eyes off the road.
Rubigrid.jpg

Razzman

Reaction score
Bayou Goat Mount / ClutchIt magnetic arm. Thinking of dropping down to a 5" screen from the 7"

Attachments

• bayou.jpg
    bayou.jpg
    446 KB · Views: 67
  • bayou_2500.jpg
    bayou_2500.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 65

cycling4life

Reaction score
Sure. They were pretty stable. The cellphone holder came with the rubigrid and had a little longer arm. I switched that over to the Furrion backup camera which allowed me to lower it just above the AC vent for quick views without taking my eyes off the road.
View attachment 41945

Can you take a pick of how the rubigrid is mounted on that dash, top-view?

b1lanc

Reaction score
Can you take a pick of how the rubigrid is mounted on that dash, top-view?
Not without taking it apart. Basically under the rubber mat in the tray, there are two screws - the only things holding the 12" screen in place. Insert Rubigrid and re-use screws through the pre-drilled rubigrid holes.

cycling4life

Reaction score
Not without taking it apart. Basically under the rubber mat in the tray, there are two screws - the only things holding the 12" screen in place. Insert Rubigrid and re-use screws through the pre-drilled rubigrid holes.
Sorry I mean, take a pic as it is , but top-view

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
The Rubigrid was tight up against the dash cubby so I designed and 3D printed a base in PETG to tilt it back and up a little. Fits in the detents perfectly. Use the supplied tape to mate the Rubigrid to the base. I didn't use any tape for the base to cubby and haven't seen any issue with just the screws holding it. Heavier total weights may want to add tape to the underside of the base.

1659476340662.png
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5402183

1659476477042.png

1659476438491.png

I use RAM ball mount bases and arms with mine.

filemaniac

Reaction score
The Rubigrid was tight up against the dash cubby so I designed and 3D printed a base in PETG to tilt it back and up a little. Fits in the detents perfectly. Use the supplied tape to mate the Rubigrid to the base. I didn't use any tape for the base to cubby and haven't seen any issue with just the screws holding it. Heavier total weights may want to add tape to the underside of the base.

View attachment 42043
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5402183

View attachment 42045

View attachment 42044

I use RAM ball mount bases and arms with mine.

Thank you! I just pulled the trigger on the Rubigrid even though it says it doesn't work with the 12" screen (but seeing the other example here where it does makes me feel better) and I'm having your design printed up now.

CharlieL

Reaction score
Thank you! I just pulled the trigger on the Rubigrid even though it says it doesn't work with the 12" screen (but seeing the other example here where it does makes me feel better) and I'm having your design printed up now.
This is a pretty slick item. Might just have to get one myself! For now, I mount the screen for the rear view on my 5th wheel so it's just sitting on the dash. Tried it higher, but seemed to interfere with vision too much. One very useful thing I've found with the rear cam view is knowing when I've passed someone - it gives a superb view of what's behind me while driving.

Attachments

• Trailer Rear Cam.JPG
    Trailer Rear Cam.JPG
    316.8 KB · Views: 61

whitexc

Reaction score
I bought the Haloview mount and am going to fit my 7” Furrion screen to that and mount it to my rear view mirror. Have to take the overhead console apart and figure out power. I don’t like hanging cords. Pics to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

filemaniac

Reaction score
This is a pretty slick item. Might just have to get one myself! For now, I mount the screen for the rear view on my 5th wheel so it's just sitting on the dash. Tried it higher, but seemed to interfere with vision too much. One very useful thing I've found with the rear cam view is knowing when I've passed someone - it gives a superb view of what's behind me while driving.

My Furrion 7" screen is one of the things I want mounted to the Rubigrid lol. The suction cup is serviceable in my current Navigator, but it does fail once in awhile when it's super hot out. I wanted a cleaner look in my RAM 3500 (which I should hopefully get next week!) so I went with the Rubigrid. I'll take some pics once it's done.

Razzman

Reaction score
My Furrion 7" screen is one of the things I want mounted to the Rubigrid lol. The suction cup is serviceable in my current Navigator, but it does fail once in awhile when it's super hot out. I wanted a cleaner look in my RAM 3500 (which I should hopefully get next week!) so I went with the Rubigrid. I'll take some pics once it's done.
Definitely post pics! I'm thinking of doing the same as I have a 7" as well and want it lower than it is. Do you have the 12" screen? Wondering as they state the Rubigrid doesn't work with those?

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Definitely post pics! I'm thinking of doing the same as I have a 7" as well and want it lower than it is. Do you have the 12" screen? Wondering as they state the Rubigrid doesn't work with
I have the 12" and the rubigrid with 3 arms and they work just fine. Had to get the short mount for the center to fit the Garmin.
Haven't decided what I'll do with the Furrion, but that is still a couple of weeks away.

20230403_073715.jpg

Last edited:

Razzman

Reaction score
I have the 12" and the rubigrid with 3 arms and they work just fine. Had to get the short mount for the center to fit the Garmin.
Haven't decided what I'll do with the Furrion, but that is still a couple of weeks away.

View attachment 54509
What length arms did you get for the outer two? I don't want the 7" monitor sticking out so far it feels like it's in my face.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
What length arms did you get for the outer two? I don't want the 7" monitor sticking out so far it feels like it's in my face.

The two phone holders have the standard 7cm arms... I can take a better pic of the shorter center arm if you'd like.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

I'd be looking at a couple options from RAM MOUNTS. You can get various length arms and ball connectors to build an articulating arm if needed.

Razzman

Reaction score
I'd be looking at a couple options from RAM MOUNTS. You can get various length arms and ball connectors to build an articulating arm if needed.
Already have, just wondering which arms he has. I actually emailed them awhile ago on using their magnetic mount strength, may go with their arm and double end magnetic mounts on my Bayou Goat Mount to get the monitor lower. Not a fan of those balls sticking up when not in use. This is something I only use when towing otherwise I never mount anything up there.

filemaniac

Reaction score
Definitely post pics! I'm thinking of doing the same as I have a 7" as well and want it lower than it is. Do you have the 12" screen? Wondering as they state the Rubigrid doesn't work with those?
I'll have the 12" but based on comments and pics I've seen here, I'm fairly confident I can make it work.

Users who are viewing this thread