Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. phatboy64

BATT and ACC power source

So I need to connect a dash cam that requires both ACC and BATT power sources. When I look in the fuse box under the hood I see that F90 (BATT) and F91 (ACC)is a three socket fuse with a fuse in the F90 socket. This leaves one socket open that has BATT power consistently. Can I leverage fuse...
  2. phatboy64

JSCAN and setting minimum tire presure

I set my minimum tire pressure setting with Alphaodb but for some reason it looks like it went back to default so I want to give it a try using jscan. Jscan has the sets of settings, a light load and a max load. Which one do I set if I want to be alerted below 50 psi
  3. phatboy64

My feedback on 37’s and MPG

I am not sure where the best place to post this so I am posting it here. I took my 2023 3500 limited HO SRW on its first long trip (800 miles) since lifting and putting 37x12.5x20’s on it. I was carrying about 500 lbs in the bed. My wife and two dogs in the cab. The trip was mostly highway at...
  4. phatboy64

Payload - Is this right? Disregard this thread

Ami missing something. I have a 2023 3500 HO SRW SB Limited and the door jam says my combined total weight is 1200 lbs? (See first pic). My 2014 Longhorn 3500 SRW AISIN had 3656 lbs (see second pic).
  5. phatboy64

RAM Care Please read - Uconnect connected services issue - Resolved

This post is part me venting but also asking if anyone has had this issue and was able to resolve it. I have been dealing with this issue since June with no resolution in site. The feature I am talking about is the ability to us the app to remote start (and other things) the truck. Back in...
  6. phatboy64

Looking for technical data on 3.43 vs 3.73 Gen 4 AISIN vs Gen 4.5 HO AISIN.

I know there are a lot of opinions out there regarding 37’ and various topics. This isn’t that, it is a question to folks who have real data. 2014 3500 AISIN 3.43 with 35” tires vs 2023 3500 HO AISIN 3.73 with 37” With no data and just my thoughts I am thinking they would “preform” very...
  7. phatboy64

Premium TPMS option not displaying on the Infosystem/Digital Dash

I posted this in another thread but I want to get more visibility I have a 2023 3500 Limited HO with the Limited Level 1 group and a bunch of other options. I spent weeks trying to find where on the digital cluster I can see my tire pressure. It is not there. I can see my tire pressure on the...
  8. phatboy64

AlfaOBD issues with my 2023

I posted this in a different thread but figured I would post it here for better visibility . Has anyone successfully used AlphaOBD to change the tire size. I have been trying but get an error ( see attached). When I looked at the AEV Procal is says it won’t work on a 2023 ( see second...
  9. phatboy64

Front lower valence and possible replacement

So I had an issue a few weeks back with a p2002 code. One of the possible issues was a bad intercooler and that possibly a rock kicked up and punctured a hole in it. Thankfully it was not the issue. But that got me thinking about removing that valence and installing a CJC intercooler skid plate...
  10. phatboy64

New digital dash and tire pressure

Ok I have been going crazy for the past month and didn’t want to post a stupid question but…..I give up. For the life of me I can’t see where on the digital cluster I can see what my tire pressure is. According to the manual it should be under the Vehicle Information tile but it is not there...
  11. phatboy64

Semi long term storage

I have to head out of town next month for six weeks. My driveway is in 100% direct sunlight from dawn to dusk and the landscapers who cit my lawn when I travel blow grass and crap all over the place, they also run the mowers with the chutes open (nothing I can do about that). So I have never put...
  12. phatboy64

P2002: DIESEL PARTICULATE FILTER EFFICIENCY BELOW THRESHOLD BANK 1

I have a new 2023 3500 HO. I just hit around 3200 miles and this code just came up. I am traveling through VA on my way to New England. I pulled into a dealer and they didn’t know much about the code other then it has something to do with the DEF and asked if I can wait until Monday when their...
  13. phatboy64

Steering stabilizers and Carli 3.25 lifts

I am installing a 3.25 backcountry kit on a 2023 3500. In the past I have run the Blistien dual stabilizer but I got a lot of corrosion on the body’s. I would like to run the Fox ATS but CJC says they it hit the Carli track bar. BDS says their dual stabilizers will only work with 4” lift?? For...
  14. phatboy64

Blind Spot notification does not chime

I have a 2023 Limited and so far I have found two things that don't work as described. Anyone else having the same issue as #1 below? and has anyone figured out how to fix the second issue below? 1. When I set the "Blind Spot Alert" to "light and chime" it doesn't work. I only get the light in...
  15. phatboy64

37x12.5x20 +20 vs +1 offset

Here is my setup 2023 RAM 3500 SRW, SB, CC, Limited This is not a "should I do 37's or not" question. My questions is for folks that have had or are running 37x12.5x20 on a 4.5 Gen. I will have a Carli 3.25 Backcountry lift with an add a pack with a 1" block. Tires will be 37x12.5x20 Falken...
  16. phatboy64

Carli shocks....not Fox

So this may be old news but it was new to me. I was ordering a Carli 3.25" Backcountry kit and the folks at CJC told me that they no longer come with Fox shocks, Carli is making their own shocks so moving forward the kits will come with Carli shocks and not Fox shocks.
  17. phatboy64

EzPass responder location or whatever you use

I have a 2023 Limited with all the options. My question is where is the best place to put the “Easy Pass” transponder. My concern is I don’t want it interfering with anything that is built into the Large Rear View mirror pod, like adaptive cruise control…. attached is a picture with the...
  18. phatboy64

Ceramic coating and PPF worth it or not..lets hear from the masses

So I have a new 2023 RAM 3500 Limited in black (all my cars/trucks have been black). I have been reading a lot about Ceramic coatings and PPF (I believe the is that the film is called) and have a bunch of questions for people who have real experience with these products. My current position is I...
  19. phatboy64

Another tire discussion - snow/wet road performance

I have ran BFG KO/KO2's (33's and 35's) on RAM trucks since 2004 and have had great luck with them. I ordered new wheels and tires for my 2023 3500 CC SRW Limited, BFG were out of stock so I went with Nitto Ridge Grapplers, lots of good reviews but....after researching more it appears they may...
  20. phatboy64

Anyone doing the Waxoyl undercoating

The place that I am getting the window tint done at also does the Waxoyl treatment. In general I have never done undercoating for various reasons however this seems a little different. Any opinions on the Waxoyl product and application?