Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Husker1972

How do you prevent thieves from stealing your new truck?

I uploaded a rather lengthy post about 8 months ago on this thread. At that time I was anticipating the arrival of a new 2500 and was exploring options for providing it with better than OEM security. Well, Stellantis took so long to deliver I cancelled the order (it had been built awaiting...
  2. Husker1972

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

I’m back . . . Sort of. As I mentioned previously, got tired of waiting and cancelled the order for my 2500. Prepping for a long camping trip and was working against a hard deadline. Anyway, found this used 2018 that will do the job for me. Won’t have all of the upgrades that I had ordered...
  3. Husker1972

Appreciate the heads up. If other options don’t work out I’ll keep you in mind. From my Air Force days I learned that you can’t have too many back-up plans. Good luck in finally getting your new truck.
  4. Husker1972

Thanks. Yeah, I’ve probably ranted enough for all of us . Believe the most frustrating part of it all was the unwillingness of anyone in the system to try to get to the root of the problem. I’m sure that Ram has calculated that it’s more cost effective to lose a few customers than to maintain...
  5. Husker1972

I would think that to be a good strategy for Ram - sure would go a long way to smooth over the ill feelings that you see in this forum. Unfortunately won’t work for me as I will have a new truck of some sort by early July in prep for our upcoming trip. But I definitely believe they need to be...
  6. Husker1972

Well, I’m throwing in the towel. Just emailed my dealer and told him to cancel my order. As I’ve mentioned before, I planned to use the new truck to pull our travel trailer on a long trip out west starting in August. My call from Stellantis yesterday simply confirmed that they don’t know...
  7. Husker1972

To be an honest broker, I have to say that Ram’s customer service actually called me today — keep in mind that I’ve called them numerous times and have been promised four callbacks. This is the first time I’ve gotten a call from a human being. Unfortunately, it was the same well rehearsed...
  8. Husker1972

If customer service were included in that listing the result would be off the chart.
  9. Husker1972

I think your non-answer came from a little higher up on the food chain than my non-answers.
  10. Husker1972

Glad you’re able to get on with your plans. I’ve got to believe that the relatively small numbers of us on this forum represent a reasonable sample of the entire Ram customer base. If you extrapolate those numbers you come up with a lot of customers who aren’t getting good service, but Ram has...
  11. Husker1972

While it’s interesting food for thought the big initial depreciation comes when you take possession of the vehicle. I looked into that one (didn’t make sense that the value of a vehicle would drop by several thousand dollars overnight). What I found was that, if you were to take it back right...
  12. Husker1972

I agree that there’s probably something wrong with our trucks and the Saltillo plant was designed to build trucks, not repair them. That idiot-gram from Ram made me so angry that I’m seriously considering walking away from the order. Even if my truck were shipped today I would be wondering...
  13. Husker1972

You’ve been waiting a lot longer than me so I’m sure that you’re more pissed at this overall situation than I am. My conclusion at this point is that there is something wrong with the trucks and they’re not going to tell us. The spreadsheet tells us that trucks are shipping so I don’t buy the...
  14. Husker1972

Yes, absolutely no doubt in my mind. For a canned answer it’s not even a very good one. So, after telling me how happy they are that I chose Ram, they go on to essentially say “we’re not going to pay any attention to the things you’ve brought to our attention,” and “it’s not our policy to...
  15. Husker1972

Ok, friends on the forum. Today I received the following from Ram in response to two weeks of calls to their Ram Cares help desk: Congratulations on ordering your all-new Ram! We are excited to get your vehicle shipped to your dealer as quickly as possible and want to assure you that your...
  16. Husker1972

Thanks for checking. I was pretty sure that was the case. As for “waiting for the railcar to fill up” is so absurd that I had to include it. Since there are probably several hundred trucks coming off the line every day it would have to be a pretty big railcar to not fill up in a matter of...
  17. Husker1972

I’ve run a few help desks and the “care” that a customer gets is based on the metrics used to evaluate help desk performance. In the case of Ram Cares, my guess is that principal metrics include answer time (I’ve been surprised at how quickly calls are answered) and first level courtesy (the...
  18. Husker1972

I certainly understand your frustration, although it has only been about 3 months since mine was built. Can’t understand why it is so difficult to locate and get the status of a $80k+ truck. My dealer’s helpful response was the KZLD means that my truck was already loaded on a railcar and as...
  19. Husker1972

Congratulations. Maybe you’re finally in the home stretch.
  20. Husker1972

I totally agree. The spreadsheet clearly shows that there is a systemic problem with delivery. When I was a program manager I knew (backed up by lots of research) that a disgruntled customer that you know about is representative of quite a few that you don’t know about. I suspect that there...