Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

Husker1972

Reaction score
I would not be hard to come up with some good material. They have a long rap sheet already.

Violation Tracker Current Parent Company Summary​

Current Parent Company Name: Stellantis
Ownership Structure: publicly traded (ticker symbol STLA)
Headquartered in: Netherlands
Major Industry: motor vehicles
Specific Industry: motor vehicles
Penalty total since 2000: $2,122,984,367
Number of records
: 113
If customer service were included in that listing the result would be off the chart.

Husker1972

Reaction score
To be an honest broker, I have to say that Ram’s customer service actually called me today — keep in mind that I’ve called them numerous times and have been promised four callbacks. This is the first time I’ve gotten a call from a human being. Unfortunately, it was the same well rehearsed story. We’re very sorry you’re having these issues. We’ve open a ticket on it. We’re tracking it closely and will let you know as soon as there’s a change in status. In other words, we’re not going to give you any more information than you can get off the tracker because that’s all the info we have and we’re not going to spend any time looking into it. As always, the person I talked to was very pleasant even though she was totally unhelpful. I was very courteous and told her that while I appreciated her call, this inquiry is about the status of my truck, not a reiteration that they’ll let me know when something changes.

My truck (along with quite a few others) is sitting in some forgotten lot in Saltillo and nobody is going to go looking for it.

Husker1972

Reaction score
Well, I’m throwing in the towel. Just emailed my dealer and told him to cancel my order. As I’ve mentioned before, I planned to use the new truck to pull our travel trailer on a long trip out west starting in August. My call from Stellantis yesterday simply confirmed that they don’t know what’s going on and are unwilling to take the time to find out. I started looking at other options — have located a good, used 2500 that seems to meet my needs. I had really wanted the new truck with all of the updated technology, but that’s just not going to happen. I did a nationwide search for Rams that were close to my order, but, at this point, although I found a few that were reasonably close, I don’t think Ram deserves my business. I could have gone with my current truck (2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel) but I’m not going to hit the road with a diesel - there are serious issues with the pollution controls on diesel trucks these days and I’m not willing to put the trip at risk because the computer decides to shut down the engine until I limp to a Ram dealership (and, yes, to me it’s not theoretical as it already happened once to my truck - need a software reload to fix it even though there was nothing wrong with the truck). Anyway, plan now is to either go with the used Ram or a new truck (not Ram) off a lot. I’ll continue to stay on the forum - hoping that you all get your trucks soon.

Last edited:

548cidakota

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. I have a 2022 loaded Laramie Megcab with 5th wheel prep I will sell once mine arrives at the dealer (MD). My current order is built and just waiting on a ship date. Shows an August 1st arrival but we all know how that goes. I am located just outside of Athens Georgia.

Scherm

Reaction score
Well, I’m throwing in the towel. Just emailed my dealer and told him to cancel my order. As I’ve mentioned before, I planned to used the new truck to pull our travel trailer on a long trip out west starting in August. My call from Stellantis yesterday simply confirmed that they don’t know what’s going on and are unwilling to take the time to find out. I started looking at other options — have located a good, used 2500 that seems to meet my needs. I had really wanted the new truck with all of the updated technology, but that’s just not going to happen. I did a nationwide search for Rams that were close to my order, but, at this point, although I found a few that were reasonably close, I don’t think Ram deserves my business. I could have gone with my current truck (2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel) but I’m not going to hit the road with a diesel - there are serious issues with the pollution controls on diesel trucks these days and I’m not willing to put the trip at risk because the computer decides to shut down the engine until I limp to a Ram dealership (and, yes, to me it’s not theoretical as it already happened once to my truck - need a software reload to fix it even though there was nothing wrong with the truck). Anyway, plan now is to either go with the used Ram or a new truck (not Ram) off a lot. I’ll continue to stay on the forum - hoping that you all get your trucks soon.
Sorry about that, but I understand.

OldGuy87

Reaction score
Well, I’m throwing in the towel. Just emailed my dealer and told him to cancel my order. As I’ve mentioned before, I planned to used the new truck to pull our travel trailer on a long trip out west starting in August. My call from Stellantis yesterday simply confirmed that they don’t know what’s going on and are unwilling to take the time to find out. I started looking at other options — have located a good, used 2500 that seems to meet my needs. I had really wanted the new truck with all of the updated technology, but that’s just not going to happen. I did a nationwide search for Rams that were close to my order, but, at this point, although I found a few that were reasonably close, I don’t think Ram deserves my business. I could have gone with my current truck (2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel) but I’m not going to hit the road with a diesel - there are serious issues with the pollution controls on diesel trucks these days and I’m not willing to put the trip at risk because the computer decides to shut down the engine until I limp to a Ram dealership (and, yes, to me it’s not theoretical as it already happened once to my truck - need a software reload to fix it even though there was nothing wrong with the truck). Anyway, plan now is to either go with the used Ram or a new truck (not Ram) off a lot. I’ll continue to stay on the forum - hoping that you all get your trucks soon.
It a shame that Ram has forced us into this situation, My deal will likely be canceled as well. I told my dealer that if the truck is not delivered to me by July 1st to cancel. Like you I tried the nationwide search for another new Ram truck like mine was supposed to be but no luck. I’ve already been talking to a local GMC dealer and have located several (new) trucks that will work for me.

popeye2002

Reaction score
@Husker1972 Sorry to see you get left behind. @RamCares Was not able to genuinely do a damn thing to help. These trucks are not cheap, yet we get better service at McDonalds.
To me, you are not just a number, wish I could say the same for Stellantis. I could join you in a long wordy rant but the choir already knows and those that we wish could help, have proven unable to help. I wish you Good luck in your new ride and many safe travels in your future.

Scherm

Reaction score
I don't know if or how often RAM offers incentives to move older models. We know that 2024 production may start around mid-July. What if RAM decided to offer incentives on 2023s to clear them out. Could they make an allowance for those in gridlock to give them the incentives on top of their deal?

Husker1972

Reaction score
I don't know if or how often RAM offers incentives to move older models. We know that 2024 production may start around mid-July. What if RAM decided to offer incentives on 2023s to clear them out. Could they make an allowance for those in gridlock to give them the incentives on top of their deal?
I would think that to be a good strategy for Ram - sure would go a long way to smooth over the ill feelings that you see in this forum. Unfortunately won’t work for me as I will have a new truck of some sort by early July in prep for our upcoming trip. But I definitely believe they need to be thinking in that direction if they want to hang on to their market share.

Husker1972

Reaction score
@Husker1972 Sorry to see you get left behind. @RamCares Was not able to genuinely do a damn thing to help. These trucks are not cheap, yet we get better service at McDonalds.
To me, you are not just a number, wish I could say the same for Stellantis. I could join you in a long wordy rant but the choir already knows and those that we wish could help, have proven unable to help. I wish you Good luck in your new ride and many safe travels in your future.
Thanks. Yeah, I’ve probably ranted enough for all of us . Believe the most frustrating part of it all was the unwillingness of anyone in the system to try to get to the root of the problem. I’m sure that Ram has calculated that it’s more cost effective to lose a few customers than to maintain a more robust customer service infrastructure. Appreciate your comments.

popeye2002

Reaction score
I know there are lots of folks talking about the sales price being Locked In when we order depending on the dealership. I also believe some dealers will include any available discounts or incentives at the time of delivery. I know for sure the FCA discount is deducted at the delivery if you have one. Only thing I see with your point is they might include price increases prior to adding in any incentives and it may not help at that point.

Husker1972

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. I have a 2022 loaded Laramie Megcab with 5th wheel prep I will sell once mine arrives at the dealer (MD). My current order is built and just waiting on a ship date. Shows an August 1st arrival but we all know how that goes. I am located just outside of Athens Georgia.
Appreciate the heads up. If other options don’t work out I’ll keep you in mind. From my Air Force days I learned that you can’t have too many back-up plans. Good luck in finally getting your new truck.

Scherm

Reaction score
I'm going to wait until mid-August. I currently have three options: 1) wait and hope the push for 2024 production will clear out 2023s, 2) Find an alternative on a dealer lot...there are trucks that are close, but not exact and dealers supply/demand pricing is against me, 3) Order a 2024. I have a quote that is $690 less than my small town dealer for my 2023, but then I'm back to waiting on a newer model that really didn't change. I will wait before I jump into a 4-8 month cycle.

Big M

Reaction score
I'm waiting patiently for mine to be shipped, my dealer told me when I placed the order it was going to be a long time before I got it, mainly due to it being a low volume color. My 2003 2500 is still able to pull a 35 foot car hauler loaded, so I'm not in the same predicament some others are. Still seems strange that trucks completed in February still have not shipped, but if hail damage repairs were necessary, the shop that does that is probably backed up somewhat.

dmhines

Reaction score
I'm waiting patiently for mine to be shipped, my dealer told me when I placed the order it was going to be a long time before I got it, mainly due to it being a low volume color. My 2003 2500 is still able to pull a 35 foot car hauler loaded, so I'm not in the same predicament some others are. Still seems strange that trucks completed in February still have not shipped, but if hail damage repairs were necessary, the shop that does that is probably backed up somewhat.
What color? I ordered my low volume color in November and picked it up two weeks ago.

Big M

Reaction score
Light green. My truck was built a month ago, so just waiting on a train to Phoenix.

popeye2002

Reaction score
Let the games begin, My Estimated Delivery just pushed out another week. Good thing this Forum had me very well informed about the mind play.
I was hoping it would be here before I go on Jury Duty, now I have to hope I don't get put on a Jury Trial the week before it comes in.
Sadly, very much like a lot of you, it's sitting about a 2 hour drive from my dealership :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread