Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. peewee86

ATV in the short bed, TT behind.

Here’s another option. My golf cart fit with the tailgate closed until I added the rear seat. Leaving the tailgate down was not going to work for me because of the clearance to my camper’s tongue jack. If I recall this tailgate support was about $60. They have a couple of different lengths...
  2. peewee86

Let’s see your trailer organization, mods etc

I have been using some Pit Posse bling in my snowmobile trailer for quite a few years. I also have a couple of their flashlight holders for D cell Mag Lites in my camper. Good stuff and generally a good value.
  3. peewee86

WDH setup

I realize that your post is several months old. Perhaps you already have your answer. Since you are new and no one else chimed in I will say a belated welcome to the forum and take a stab at answering your question. The trailer appears to be level. Good. Slightly nose down is also okay. It...
  4. peewee86

How much oil consumption is normal for the Hemi?

Everyone thanks for your replies. It appears that the oil consumption that I have experienced is not normal. The question now is what can be done about it? I will definitely take it to a dealer and have it documented but beyond that I’m not sure how to proceed. I’m guessing I would have to wait...
  5. peewee86

How much oil consumption is normal for the Hemi?

My first oil change for my 6.4 hemi was just shy of 2000 miles. I considered this my break in oil change. I drained out less than 6 quarts of oil. Including the oil that was in the filter, call it a full 6 quarts. Since I didn’t know exactly the quantity of oil that was put in from the factory...
  6. peewee86

in the market..

When is the best time to buy? Whenever there’s a newer model year of the truck sitting next to it on the lot. Normally I would say this time of the year would be a great time to buy a left over truck from the previous model year but with limited supply nationwide I’m guessing all of that all of...
  7. peewee86

Things you wouldn't be caught dead driving

Years ago the parents of a friend of mine bought a citrus green Pontiac Aztec. I couldn’t imagine why they would even consider it. It sat on the dealer lot long enough that they bought it brand new for just over half of MSRP.
  8. peewee86

Trips - over the road Minnesota to Florida and back...

I have family in the St. Petersburg FL so I have made the trek from Minneapolis to Saint Petersburg twice a year for the last quarter century, although we seem to fly more often than drive lately. Most often we do it in two days and use Paducah Kentucky as a stopping point. It is the midway...
  9. peewee86

Floor mat suggestions?

An other vote for the Mopar floor liners. I guess the cut out under the pedals doesn’t bother me as much as others. When I ordered mine they were less expensive than the Husky liners but I think I would have been willing to pay more for them. If you do go with the OEM mats be aware that the...
  10. peewee86

Magnaflow muffler installed

I installed the Magnaflow 19493 Earlier this spring and now I have about 5000 miles on it. For me it’s just about perfect and I would do it again. I believe it’s slightly larger and slightly quieter than the Mufflex option. This is not first-hand knowledge but feedback from a vendor that sold...
  11. peewee86

What did you do TO your RAM today?

No problem. Steecraft part # 40-23308 PeeWee
  12. peewee86

Thinking about pulling the trigger... would you do it?

Well that’s supply and demand in a free market economy. However, the Internet has made the world a smaller place. I would expand my search area before I payed MSRP. One-way plane tickets are very cheap right now. When I purchased my Ram 2500 last year I determined exactly what I wanted and...
  13. peewee86

What did you do TO your RAM today?

After a year of ownership I finally got around to installing some side steps. I didn’t have a problem with the climb in height but my wife and my son are both shorter than I am and I heard their complaints. Happy wife, happy life. The steps, mounting brackets, and all of the hardware are all...
  14. peewee86

Front Receiver Hitch

Here is a link to the installation instructions for the Curt 31089 that fits the the front of a 2019-20 Ram 2500. https://assets.curtmfg.com/masterlibrary/31089/installsheet/31089_INS.pdf How much different is the 3500? I would contact Curt to see if they plan to release one for the 3500 or...
  15. peewee86

4.10 Gearing Daily mpg not towing?

I understand the theory that the 3.73 gears should be better for gas mileage but based on the feedback I have seen here and elsewhere on the ‘net I’m not so sure that there is any difference in the real world. I primarily purchased my Ram 2500 for towing. I don’t believe there’s any scenario...
  16. peewee86

Easy light bar installation. You can do this!

A few posts back I mentioned that I was not entirely pleased with the light output I was seeing. Since that time I purchased a second 25 inch light bar. It is apparent that the first bar that I bought was grossly overestimated in its capability. It was listed as 240 Watts With a voltage rating...
  17. peewee86

I believe Baja Designs makes a well thought out product but it is at an entirely different price point than what I came up with. I have less than $50 into my whole light bar set up.
  18. peewee86

That is correct. I have the 6.4 and do not have the parking sensors. I mentioned in the original post that I believe a person could use the upper two frame holes and mount the light above the sensors. It sounds like if a person has the diesel there are additional challenges to making this work.
  19. peewee86

It looks bright but I can’t say that I’ve been overwhelmed with the light output. Not sure if it has to do with a lack of testing, the mounting location, or if I just bought the wrong product. I have yet to give it a full test but if you guys will be patient, this weekend I will do some...
  20. peewee86

Greetings from Minnesota

Thanks Riveyman. With the right ramp set up it’s super easy to load up the golf cart. I use the Caliper Ramp Pro. It’s long enough that I do not have clearance issues with the bottom of the golf cart scraping. My cart is not lifted but it is a PTV which is about an inch taller than most...