Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front Receiver Hitch

OuachitaAdventure

Reaction score
I have been talking to etrailer for a week or so about options for my 2019 3500. I want a front receiver hitch to mount bicycles. I know there is one for the 2500s. Etrailer says they haven't confirmed fittament for a 3500. The told me draw Tite made one that was confirmed. I thought it looked like a 2018 setup, but they sent it. Anyway, it doesn't fit. Just curious if anyone has a front receiver hitch mounted on a 3500?

Last edited:

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Nope, just took mine off my trade, I'm taking it in soon. Off of a 16 2500, going to sell it. That style that bolts to tow hooks an goes across grill won't work on the new body style, ie 19+20. They haven't come out with one yet that bolts to the frame. I do have to admit though, I'm gonna miss using mine, sure was nice hauling the bikes up there. Extremely sturdy an never bounced or swayed back an forth

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Watching the video, I couldn't help but think, "Will it float?"

Someone recently posted a pic of a bolt on winch mount but I don't recall the year or if it was the "other" site or here.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
The reason why I haul mine on the front is because on the back of our fiver we have one of those platforms attached to bumper that can go up or down an you can have stuff on it like bikes, but my wife had a great idea of putting one of those storage sheds on there that you put in your yard to store stuff in. We haul light weight stuff in it being on the bumper, like beach chairs, rugs, fan, Folding table, etc. works out great, bikes on the front an shed on the back. In saying all that, I don't think ill do that on my new rig, i kind of just want the front of my new truck to have that clean look, plus I'm a tailgater who doesn't use proper following distance an drives to fast, so those sticking 3 ft out front has had a few close calls with 2 expensive bikes. The wife didn't like those maneuvers :mad:

OuachitaAdventure

Reaction score
My fifth wheel has a recessed receiver hitch which makes me hake to use an extender or the bike rack touches the camper. With an extender, the hitch moves quite a bit. Having them on thee front will give me more piece of mind on long trips. Why Montana would recess a hitch is beyond me. If it were flush with the camper, everything would be fine.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Your right on the extender. Once you have to out that thing on, it gets real sloppy an unstable while traveling . Since I've recently converted from front of truck to rear of camper, i have to use a 2ft extender to get it out from under my little storage shed. It's real unstable, so I took 1 on each side , not the ratchet strap but the strap that you just pull tight an it stays tight, much quicker an easier than ratchet for quick work an now bike rack is very stable, even on 2 ft extender.

Bikinjoe

Reaction score
This is a Westin winch Mount on a 19’ 3500, maybe in place of the winch you could put a couple trays, or bracket for the receiver on this, not sure if Westin would maybe just sell the brackets. If so, you could have a shop weld up a bracket with a receiver to work.
DD0C2FD7-00E2-4C6E-8A4C-D8AD18002859.jpeg
4DB18D9B-5551-4D3B-B667-7ED6060F0CF7.jpeg

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Man that's a sweet set up, bet that cost a pretty penny or two. I'm sure you could probably find a shop to weld up something but most won't because they don't went to be liable, unless you know somebody then your golden. Imop

Bikinjoe

Reaction score
Man that's a sweet set up, bet that cost a pretty penny or two. I'm sure you could probably find a shop to weld up something but most won't because they don't went to be liable, unless you know somebody then your golden. Imop

the mount was about $225 shipped, we have a local hitch shop that has done custom work in the past for me. it would fairly easy to make a plate with receiver mount that spanned the two main mounting brackets that bolt to the frame.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Not to bad on the mount, i was talking about the whole set up with winch costing a pretty Penney or two

Capital E

Reaction score
Bumping this thread back up. Has anyone found any other solutions for a front hitch on a 2019 3500?

peewee86

Reaction score
Here is a link to the installation instructions for the Curt 31089 that fits the the front of a 2019-20 Ram 2500.

How much different is the 3500?

I would contact Curt to see if they plan to release one for the 3500 or if the hitch listed above could be easily modified to work. Maybe it’s not a direct bolt on installation but a minimal modification may allow it to adapt. -PeeWee

Capital E

Reaction score
I can't imagine the 2500 being that much different than the 3500 but I guess it's different enough that these won't fit. I need to crawl around underneath them side by side and see.

Last edited:

LoopyLyle

Reaction score
Today I got an email my pre-ordered hitch was ready to ship. I called in and asked for the installation PDF (attached). Like literally everything else I've bolted to my 2019 3500 (nerf bars, tie downs, sway bar) it looks its time to clear my day for lots of extra fun banging my knuckles. Unfortunately, the PDF does not have a picture of the completed install. However, it seems to mount low and not block parking sensors, etc which was my main concern.

Attachments

• X7910-Front-Hitch-Instructions.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 128

Users who are viewing this thread