Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. M

Largest tire size on 18" rim

Squatch, how do/did you like the Hankooks?
  2. M

Questions from a newbie about 3500's

The shifter slop is due to the bolt holding the shift lever loosening up. It is easy to pop the rubber trim off and re-tighten. A dab of loctite would eliminate having to tighten it again.
  3. M

Roof/Cab kayak rack input

Thule 710500 is the European part number for the feet on Amazon. Thule 141506 is the pad part number. Try these links: Thule Evo pads, Thule Evo feet
  4. M

Nothing has loosened up on the couple trips we've used it so far. All trips were 2hrs or longer. Here are some links - feet: Thule Evo feet, pads: Thule Evo pads. Both of these came from the Amazon Global Store UK. Shipping took a little longer, ~10days, but still free. The 60" square bar was an...
  5. M

I have a Thule set-up for my truck. Installed it last year and have had no issues. My wife and I have 12ft sit-in kayaks. I purchased everything from Amazon, the pads and feet came from the European division (pricing is significantly cheaper than US), bars were warehouse deals.
  6. M

Knife in your pocket today?

Picked this up a few weeks back, Gerber Dime. Has been my new go to.
  7. M

Terrible Towing pics thread

Saw this in the parking lot at work...
  8. M

Roof Racks

I never found the correct fit kit for the old style feet, so I ended up buying the new style EVO feet. Here's a pic with the rack installed and kayaks mounted so I could tow my 5th wheel.
  9. M

Roof Racks

I agree with figuring out the parts on the Thule website and other sites. I ended up ordering the fit kit for the newer style EVO feet, while I have the old style Rapid Traverse feet which are now discontinued. Now I'm trying to find the old style fit kit so I can use the rack next week
  10. M

TSB's and VIN

Thank you Jimmy! I figured it had to be something like that, just didn't know how. Time to educate them. The service writer and tech seem to think no one can know as much as they do and they are always right.
  11. M

TSB's and VIN

Dealer is now telling me the sales codes on my truck have an extra letter compared to what the TSBs call out, sales code description is the same. @RamCares , what is the difference between HAA and HAAS (TSB #24-001-20) or LSU and LSUP (TSB #08-012-20)?
  12. M

Let’s see the Two Tones, I don’t see many on the road

I like 2-tone, but was not a fan of silver being the second color, so my Ram is just Patriot Blue. I really like blue over gray 2-tones, the True Blue over Granite in the 4th gens and the Ford Blue Jeans blue over Magnetic grey are a couple of my favorites. My first vehicle was a 2-tone brown...
  13. M

TSB's and VIN

That is exactley how I thought it worked. Truck meets model year and model, build date before xxx, and has xxx option, shouldn't be any question on do or don't do. Service writer was new, so I'll give him a little slack, but the Technician should know better, hes been there for years.
  14. M

TSB's and VIN

Took my truck in to get a couple TSB's completed prior to warranty expiring, told them the issues and also gave them the TSB #'s. Service writer and Tech said they could not find the TSB's and that they could not complete them since they are not tied to the VIN of my truck. This is the first I...
  15. M

2019 Truck cap/topper/camper shell thread

Mine is a 2019 3500. Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
  16. M

I used the numbers off the ones originally on the cap when I bought it used, new still cannot hold the door up, temperature doesn't matter. I am a 45min drive from any cap dealer/installer, so swinging by is not an option, waiting on manufacturer response. A buddy has the exact same cap, but...
  17. M

Knife in your pocket today?

Always a knife in my pocket. Been carrying this cheap Gerber paraframe for the last 7 years. It has been used for just about everything including a screwdriver. It does need a good sharpening though.
  18. M

Wacky Power Fold Mirror

I had that happen 1 time to me, I folded the mirrors back in then back out and all was good. It hasn't happened since, so I never had it looked at.
  19. M

This is my first frameless rear door. I think it feels more solid, but as far as durability, I see more caps with frameless rear doors with missing doors than framed. My dad has had caps on the last 4 trucks he has owned, the last cap had a frameless door and ended up shattering when he...
  20. M

I have contacted the mfg, waiting on a response. What I am looking to gain from this is the capacity of the shocks/struts/springs. The ones I removed and replaced are 43lbs/ strut, which evidently is not enough. I could probably do the calculations to figure it out, but would need to figure...