Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. S

RECALL: 2020 to 2023 Ram 2500/3500 – Transmission Fluid Leak May Cause Fire:

Yikes, that's horrifying. I'm glad you, everyone else and the pooch are all safe. Just curious but were you on the list to get the AT dipstick changed?
  2. S

2022 Ram 2500 BH with Bowen Customs flatbed + Total Composites camper build

TBH I come from the Toyota world so it's what I understand. They use a lot of 17" wheels. For the longest time I was just gonna get some AEV wheels which are 17" so that's was my initial baseline. You make a good point though, with an 18" wheel there are lot more tire options with higher max...
  3. S

2022 Ram 2500 BH with Bowen Customs flatbed + Total Composites camper build

Got my new tires and wheels mounted. They are the Nomad Wheels Sahara in copper and they look SO DAMN GOOD!!! The wheels are a +25 offset so I'll definitely need to get some from fender flares. The tires are actually take-offs from my LC which are Toyo Open Country ATIII in 285/75/17 size. I...
  4. S

Halogen to OEM LED swap

Nice. Did you use AlfaOBD or a harness?
  5. S

Price negotiated from MSRP

Sometimes the best truck is the one you already have!!!
  6. S

Price negotiated from MSRP

Someone musta got fired and this is their last FU :D
  7. S

Grid Heater RELAY Recall (new)

Had my recall done today. I had called around to 3 different local dealerships to be placed on a waitlists. Obviously there was no estimation on when the part would get it so glad it's finally done. Best part about it was that a mobile tech came to my house and finished it in like 10 mins...
  8. S

Which website did you use to check the status?
  9. S

This is where the inconsistency and misinformation is so frustrating. I've spoken to 3 of my local dealerships. Two have told me there is no fix, no parts, no waitlist and to wait for another letter in the mail when parts are available. One of them told me there is only a fix for the 2023's...
  10. S

My biggest gripe is how much misinformation and inconsistency with how to handle the recall. I called my local cdjr dealership and they said there was no fix, no parts, no time frame and they were not doing a wait-list. They basically told me they couldn't do anything to help. And yet it's...
  11. S

Another tire discussion - snow/wet road performance

The Nokian Outpost AT is their most aggressive off-road AT tire and they come in LT variants so the load ratings should be pretty comparable to other LT tires as well.
  12. S

It’s gonna be okay, your truck will just catch on fire and maybe take out your house and anyone in it at the time. From RAMs perspective its better for your life and valuables to burn up in flames than their profits. As minuscule as a chance there is for it to catch fire the advice of “park it...
  13. S

Another tire discussion - snow/wet road performance

I'm going to throw a different name out there, the Nokian Outpost AT. It's not super aggressive looking, the compound I believe is a bit softer but if SNOW and wet performance in an AT is what you're looking for I doubt you'll find better. They are 3-peak rated. They are also a very...
  14. S

The answer is obvious. They are fixing trucks that are not sold so that they can sell them and make money. Your money is already tagged and ear marked. I mean it may be better than those that already have their trucks that may catch fire and blow up in their driveway lol.
  15. S

Halogen to OEM LED swap

What gets me is how a $35K Rav4 can have LED lights but a $60-$70k vehicle can't :oops:
  16. S

What do y'all make of all these bent frames?

I'm pretty sure every one of them has some massive home on wheels with a gigantic rear porch on the back of it. Keep camping simple and don't bring your house with you. That and keep COG forward of the rear axle.
  17. S

PSA: Running 2.5" shocks? Weld your shock mounts!!

Very odd that that is something they skip out on, a few welds that could lead to a catastrophic event. AEV puts a warning out there when buying their shocks as well. https://www.aev-conversions.com/product/xp8100-reservoir-shocks-ram-hd/
  18. S

What Def are you using in your Diesel?

The Costco stuff, they carry Blue DEF. $13 for 2.5gal case.
  19. S

MITS Alloy Tray & Canopy / '22 2500 Rear Air Suspension

Beautiful tray. We're almost twinning!!!
  20. S

MITS Alloy Tray & Canopy / '22 2500 Rear Air Suspension

Pretty much all trucks outside of the US use fully boxed frames. The Ford Rangers, Nissan Navara's, Toyota Hilux are fully boxed. Many of those trucks have 1-ton payloads. You can also buy GVM upgrades as well and get them legally certified to carry a heavier weight. The upgrades can be as...