Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Lettikka

Did Ya'll Get This Letter Too? - PARTICULATE MATTER SENSOR

It was a pretty quick deal when I got it done. I probably waited for about 30 min and they were slinging me the keys.
  2. Lettikka

DPF GAUGE DOESN'T WORK AFTER Y43 RECALL

Really glad to hear that, I was obviously worried. Seems like if we can stay away from DPF issues we should be able to ride on for a long time. I have a 25 mile trip to work, 25 miles home all highway speed. It must be serving me well not doing a bunch of short trips.
  3. Lettikka

Well thats kinda what the dealership indicated. Good to have it backed up by someone in here. Thanks.
  4. Lettikka

I don't want the title of the thread to be confusing....DPF gauge has red " 0% " since I got the truck in December of 22 and it now has 9000 miles on it. However I took it in for the Y43 PM sensor and PCM update a few months ago and figured the gauge would work after this was done. It does not...
  5. Lettikka

My 2 month trip , will my 3500 Aisin make it?

Here is my $0.02. It looks to me like most of the snap rings fail with less than 8000 miles. I feel pretty confident that you have a well seated ring and are good to go. It was mentioned above but I will concur that it must not matter whether you are pulling or not based on the failure stats. We...
  6. Lettikka

Aisin Snap Ring Repair

Mine is scheduled to go in for the repair on Monday. No failure yet. I am a September 22 build so after looking at the analytics on the spreadsheet I called to make the appointment. I was hoping to let the techs get some experience before I took mine in but my options were either before or after...
  7. Lettikka

Solid, thanks. I figured I was late to the party.
  8. Lettikka

It says it may not have been installed during manufacturing? Sounds sketchy. Anyone know exactly what this is? The letter also states that FCA will warranty the DPF for 12 months after this module is intalled... Kinda sounds like it could be bad for the DPF?
  9. Lettikka

Key Left Vehicle Feature (Three Horn Chirp)

Need to lock the doors and leave the truck running, then be able to get back in again.
  10. Lettikka

I have been through trying a bunch of solutions and dismissed the key against the window trick as a more permanent solutions seemed better. A few days I figured out that if I set the key against the lower left corner of the back window it worked!! I had tried other places in the window before...
  11. Lettikka

Good intel, thank you. I studied your write up, have it on my desktop. I'll check it out.
  12. Lettikka

I had the drivers side wheel well out this weekend to install some wheel lights and while in there I was going to cut the horn wire and extend it to a switch in the cab such that I could open the circuit with the switch when I get out of the truck and leave it running. The issue I had with this...
  13. Lettikka

That's what I am going with. Not paying $56 on amazon for one so I am going to build one and hope to use some of the pass through wiring already in the fire wall to keep from having to poke any new wiring into the engine bay.
  14. Lettikka

Thanks guys. Looks like I have some research to do.
  15. Lettikka

Whew, I'd say!! That is going to push me towards another solution. May look at some of the horn interrupt switch ideas. Dangit!! Thanks for the intel.
  16. Lettikka

I have Alfa, haven't used it yet. So you think it is possible that I just buy the box itself and plug it up, enable it and I would be done? It looks like the box is $294 at a mopar site.
  17. Lettikka

I had everything lined up to implement the fix as written up by Mountaineer. Very disappointed to find out I did not have the VSIM box behind the steering wheel kick panel. I thought it was integrated into the AUX buttons and if you had one you had the other. I moved on to the next project, Will...
  18. Lettikka

I have everything I need to get on mountainears method for getting rid of the chirp except for the Yazaki terminal. I'm a little nervous, but as soon as it is here I am killing it or going to break something trying.
  19. Lettikka

Thanks for the feedback. I don't think anyone would disagree with any of those points. I don't think the big gripe with the bug/feature is that it is notifying the driver that the engine is running. I gather that the most concern is that the notification is not limited to the driver of the...