Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. V

6.4 8 speed ZF transmission service?

Has anyone ordered the Ravenol transmission service kit and used it? Has pan, filter, and fluids for $300. Would like to go ahead and have mine changed out by an independent shop. All the Ram dealers in my area say they don't service these transmissions.
  2. V

'19 Ram 2500 6.4 updated

So we sold our travel trailer (GVWR 7500) for a fifth wheel (GVWR 11000). From Jacksonville FL to North Alabama I would average around 8 mpg. With the new Fifth wheel I went from Lakeland FL to North Alabama and returned right at 10 mpg. I installed the Andersen Ultimate and installed a B and...
  3. V

'19 + 6.4 Transmission question

Has anyone gotten a solid answer on the ZF transmission service? I believe the manual doesn't mention it or states something odd. I called 4 different dealers, 2 say to have it drained and filled at 30 K miles, 1 at 50k miles and one said it doesn't require service? If I understand correctly...
  4. V

Rear middle car seat belt?

I posted a previous thread on the ratcheting of my middle rear seat. Would anyone be able to pull the middle rear seat belt out all the way and see if it does ratcheting when tightening it like the side seat belts do or does it stay a smooth retract? Thank you!
  5. V

Soft tonneau cover- rolling or folding?

Just wondering if anyone has found a rolling or folding soft tonneau cover works better. Any particular ones you've been happy with please share. Thanks
  6. V

Rear middle seat belt retractor not working?

Just realized my rear middle seat seat belt is malfunctioning. When installing car seats you pull the seat belt all the way out, then it "clicks" and locks in place. Mine will not ratchet at all despite pulling it all the way out. Anyone have an easy fix for this or had this issue? Thank you.
  7. V

Does MDS/Eco cause a small jolt?

I thought I read MDS and the little green ECO light are separate instances. However, when I accelerate slow it seems I feel a little jolt, almost like a very hard shift. Is this normal?
  8. V

Bumper LED light bar bracket/kit?

I'm wanting a light bar, at least 30" in the lower outer of my front bumper. Has anyone found a bracket that will allow this for a 2019+?
  9. V

Wheels with offset?

I'm wanting to order some wheels, I'm told the factory chrome clad wheels I have come with an offset of +40mm. The aftermarket wheels are +18mm. Is 22mm difference going to cause bearing premature wear or damage other components as I plan on towing a boat and a fifth wheel frequently? Thanks!
  10. V

2019 Big Horn Fog lights?

Has anyone added factory fog light assemblies on a Big Horn? Mine has the fog light button that actually when pressed shows fog lights are on within the cluster panel. However, I have panels where the fog lights would go? Possible the wire harnesses are there and it would be a plug and play...
  11. V

Distance to Empty, 2019 6.4?

Recently got a used '19 2500 with the 6.4. Truck had 13K miles on it and a lot of idling time. Computer had lifetime MPG at 8 mpg. I filled the tank up today and with a full tank it said range is 240 miles even after driving 5 miles easy 40 MPH roads. I believe all of them come with a 31...
  12. V

Voice command, volume, skip control?

Just got a 2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn. Pretty base truck, is there any way to control the volume from the steering wheel and is there a way to skip songs from the steering wheel while playing music from blue tooth? Also, does this system download my phone contacts so I can hit the phone button and...
  13. V

LT275 70 R18 on 9" Wheels?

I've found a great deal on LT275 70 R18 All Terrain Tires. Has anyone mounted this size on a 9" wheel? The tire specs show up to 8.5" wheel, but other tires of the same size list up to 9" wheels. Wondering if I would have an issue? Thank you.
  14. V

Product to clean/protect frame/under truck?

Is there a product that cleans the entire under components of the truck? My Ram 2500 spent one winter in CO and Wyoming. I pressure washed it to get most of the grime off but is there a product or a known service that will clean it better. I would also like some sort of product or service to...
  15. V

Mobil 1 or Castrol 0W40 for 6.4?

Going to do my first oil change (6.4) Having trouble finding the Pennzoil 0W40 but can get either Castrol or Mobil 1 with an extended Mobil 1 filter. Which one is having better results? I'm not sure if either have MS-12633 rating as in the manual but the manual also states ASI 0W40. Thanks!
  16. V

Fumoto valve for 2019 6.4?

Went to their website and it only shows a fit up to a 2017. Has anyone installed one on a 2019/ I'm assuming the oil pan on the 2017 and '19s are the same? Thanks
  17. V

Anyone used Timbrens?

Wondering if anyone has installed Timbrens on a Ram 2500? My cargo trailer loaded up has a very heavy tongue weight (guessing somewhere in the 1500 lb range). Also, does anyone know the max tongue weight allowed on the 2.5" included tow receiver? I get my truck next week and would like to...
  18. V

Ram 2500 ZF 8 speed ?

Is the 8 speed in the 2019+ 2500 the same that is in the 1500 (8HP75) or modified for heavier applications in the 2500? Thanks
  19. V

That rear middle seat?

I really want to get a used 2019 Ram 2500 6.4 left over-. I have 3 kids, my wife is concerned with that middle short rear seat, I sat in it myself (6'3") and it wasn't that bad. My little ones are in car seats but will that be an issue as they get bigger? I know the mega cab has a full rear...
  20. V

2019 Ram 6.4 Advice

Hey guys- I'm really wanting to go with a used 2019 Ram 2500 with the 6.4 and new 8 speed (4x4). I currently have a Nissan Titan XD Gas. I thought this truck was going to be perfect for my situation but being we're moving to the foothills of the Appalachians, I need something with a little...