Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Voice command, volume, skip control?

Vapor567

Reaction score
Just got a 2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn. Pretty base truck, is there any way to control the volume from the steering wheel and is there a way to skip songs from the steering wheel while playing music from blue tooth? Also, does this system download my phone contacts so I can hit the phone button and say call "Bob"? Thank you, little bummed if it doesn't have these features.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Are there buttons on the back side of the steering wheel?

BTW, the contacts thing is nearly useless if you have more than three numbers for someone as it seems to randomly pick any three numbers to show. Maybe it's the gmail contact order on my phone, not sure yet.

Vapor567

Reaction score
Are there buttons on the back side of the steering wheel?

BTW, the contacts thing is nearly useless if you have more than three numbers for someone as it seems to randomly pick any three numbers to show. Maybe it's the gmail contact order on my phone, not sure yet.
Unfortunately none on the back, I thought those were standard.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
That's one duh moment you wish you had.

There's a $150 add-on kit but I'm not sure if it fits 19-20.

RGPIII

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. Naturally assumed this was standard now on all vehicles. I am looking to add steering wheel controls to my 2020 Tradesman. Ill probably upgrade to the 8.4 once i get the controls done.

Vapor567

Reaction score
Let us know which kit works for you. I'm still wanting to change mine.

RGPIII

Reaction score
I know that Infotainment makes the upgrade to the 8.4 a direct swap all plug and play. I'm still waiting for someone to come out with the steering wheel control upgrade first.

Vapor567

Reaction score
$1700. Seems I could get an aftermarket Android auto set up for a lot less? Anyone know of anything that works?

Users who are viewing this thread