Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. J

25 1500 RamCharger. EV?

Some out of the box thinking. I like the idea, but I'm not sure it's going to go over well with the tree huggers with a V6 in it: https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/stellantis-says-2025-ram-1500-ramcharger-hybrid-appeal-ev-skeptics
  2. J

SOLD - Updated Grid heater relay

If you read this post, you will see how I ended up with an extra updated grid heater relay. It is PN is 68606435AB and is the one called for in the recall for the Cummins motor. I paid a little over $200 for it delivered, will sell for $110 shipped to the lower 48 States.
  3. J

AA is driving me crazy, can't shut it down

So I've been using AA some lately in my 22 Ram 2500, 12" uConnect v5. It's okay, nice for longer trips. But I don't always want it to run. I run a VPN type ad blocker on my Samsung S22 Ultra Android phone, and that has to be stopped for AA to work. So AA can't start up automatically when I start...
  4. J

Factory tires

My 22 2500 came with the 18" raised white letter Firestone Transforce tires on it. I'm thinking about pulling them and installing my tried and true Michelin's. My question is for folks that have done this, will the OEM tires be easy to sell? They only have 1000 miles on them right now. What is a...
  5. J

Pinned thread cleanup?

I'd respectfully ask that someone go through and take a good look at all the pinned threads. Many of them are no longer relevant and/or have not had a new post for years.
  6. J

For uConnect 5 users, do you use your USB drives for music?

A discussion from another thread in this forum got me to wondering how many use their USB drives for music. Some of us have had issues with the USB drive not recognizing all the songs, not seeing the drives, etc. And please only answer if you are on uConnect 5. Any comments on issues would be...
  7. J

Adaptive lighting vs steering directed lighting

I'm a bit confused over this subject. Just got a 22 Ltd Longhorn with the highest level safety packages and am busy going through the manuals on it. The owners manuals, both the online version and the one I got with the truck, say there should be a setting for "Steering directed lights" in the...
  8. J

Got my Granger ordered 2500!

Took delivery of my Limited Longhorn CTD yesterday, from Granger Motors in Granger, IA. It's a 6 hour drive from my house, but well worth it to save $13K off the sticker price. I enjoyed the experience at Granger. Good folks that got me turned around quickly. Thanks @zach@granger ! The 400 mile...
  9. J

I think Ram is just messing with me

Truck was ordered 3/30. Went D1 4/28 with a ship date of 6/2. Instead of shipping on 6/2, it reverted to D status. Back to D1 on 7/28 with a ship date of today, 8/18. Ram rep recently confirmed the build dates. Ram tracking site shows it has not moved to production. Maybe it will go back to D...
  10. J

Dedicated presets

I just ordered a truck, so it will be months before I get it. But I've got a question about the presets. My wife has Uconnect 5 in her new Pacifica and I've test driven some Ram's with the 12" Uconnect 5, so I have some experience with it. At first, I liked that the presets would take you to...
  11. J

What made you pick THAT model when you ordered your truck?

I own a loaded 18 2500 CTD Laramie. Great truck that I like very much. So Laramie was in the running as I worked up an order for a new truck. Took me a while to pull the trigger. LOTS of time spent building trucks on ram.com! But I finally decided on a 2500 Limited Longhorn (LL). Surprised me...
  12. J

Air suspension ride quality 2500 CTD vs 3500 CTD SRW

I've read a lot of posts about the 3500 unloaded ride quality with the factory air bags, but still don't have a clear answer. I own an 18 2500 CTD with air suspension, and ride quality unloaded is very good. I don't drive it a lot w/o a trailer attached, but enough to appreciate the softer ride...
  13. J

Painted Bumpers

My 18 2500 has chrome bumpers. I really like them because they pretty much never get chipped up, etc. We have other vehicles with painted front ends and they always get ugly over the years. Looking at some '22 Limited's and all of them have painted bumpers, so wondering what folks experience is...
  14. J

Questions that came up while trying to order a 3500 SRW

Trying to put together an order for a 3500 CTD SRW. I've figured most of it out, but need help with a few questions. -Is there a bigger fuel tank option for the 3500? I thought there was, but it does not come up on the build sheet. Dually only option? -Is the Filigree leather just the extra...