Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. 3

Heated steering wheel issue

I had the same thing happening on a '18 2500. Turned the batteries were the issue after a few trips to the service department for diagnosis.
  2. 3

fuel price display

Truck is a '22 3500 with U-5. Thank you for replying.
  3. 3

fuel price display

Florotory, I've played with the settings and could not see a setting change? Where is the fuel type selection?
  4. 3

fuel price display

On the 12 inch nav screen fuel prices show for approaching gas stations. Prices only show for regular grade gasoline. Is there a setting change to be able to have diesel prices show rather than regular?
  5. 3

I am so confused about the trailer camera options

For me having the wired cam on the back of the 5th wheel and the digital rear view through the mirror was the cats ass. It took a couple of hours to run and secure the hard wire coax under the trailer but was worth the effort. I've had some issues with loosing the camera view while traveling...
  6. 3

Problems with Trailer Cam 68257599AA

I installed the bagged camera with that came with my '22 3500 Limited. Installation went well and was pleased with the view through the digital rear view mirror. About an hour into our first trip the mirror view reverted back to the cab cam showing the nose of our 5th wheel. Toggling the view...
  7. 3

Payload and Towing Capacity-Ram 3500 Limited, diesel HO, 4.10, SRW, crew, short bed, 4x4, loaded (leveling included) except snow chief and sunroof.

I am so f'ing happy that there are people on this site so quick to point out mistakes. Thank you so much. I just pulled out my line sheet. I do apologize my rear end is code DME 3.73 gear ratio.
  8. 3

Payload and Towing Capacity-Ram 3500 Limited, diesel HO, 4.10, SRW, crew, short bed, 4x4, loaded (leveling included) except snow chief and sunroof.

I just took delivery of pretty much the same truck as you described, 3500 Limited, 4.10s, HO, no snow package, but also no level package. My payload on the yellow sticker is 3580 pounds.
  9. 3

Camera Height

Installing the factory tow camera package on my 22 3500 this afternoon. I pretested before starting the install. It works great. I've stopped for the day to do a little research. Our Grand Design 295RL has the Furion rear view cam that is mounted at about 9 feet. I was hoping to mount the...
  10. 3

Trailer camera and wiring

It would be nice if the Furion wireless rear mounted camera kit would interface with the in dash display.
  11. 3

If I buy a '19 2500 from a dealer that's not a Ram dealer...

I've got no intention of getting into a pissing match with you. I only spent 36 years as the fixed operations manager for a Chrysler store. I certainly apologize. You obviously know more than IU do.
  12. 3

Yes, you are correct but if the vehicle has been previously stroked and put back onto the road there are no warranty or recall provisions whatsoever.
  13. 3

If the vehicle has been written off, and rebuilt by a curbsider and put back onto the road, there would be no recall or warranty provisions from Chrysler. It, I believe, is up the purchaser when purchasing from a non Chrysler entity to register the purchase with Chrysler.
  14. 3

Crap Firestone Transforce tires

I'm not going to out the guy but I will post when the job has been completed the final tally. I suspect we purchase 100 tires per month from the guy. I myself have probably purchased 2 dozen in the past three years plus what I have sent my kids and family in to purchase. We've had the...
  15. 3

Funny pics and Memes thread - keep it clean

Ya, Lying Don tried for 4 years and still f'd it up every time he tried!!
  16. 3

Cummins prices are even more insane now!

I had no intention of ordering a new truck. Was out for dinner with our sales manager back in October. Got chatting about what they were paying for used up vehicles through the auction. Asked what my 18 SLT Outdoorsman 2500 was worth. 27,000 km (17,000 miles). He offered what I paid for it...
  17. 3

No Cummins filters to be had

I stand corrected as was pointed out to me. I drove out to the shop yesterday aft to specifically check the grade of Rotella oil. We had rec'd another skid and it is indeed 5W40. There is still a back order situation with both the oil and fuel filters but we had inventory. Was told we are...
  18. 3

MOPAR - MAXCARE - Zeigler - Extended Warranty Merged Mega Thread

Warranties are sold through the business office. Cowboys in there make more money selling the non Chrysler packages. It's all about them... don't ya know!!
  19. 3

No Cummins filters to be had

Oil filters were back ordered with Chrysler Canada until recently. Was at the shop yesterday and noticed a couple of cases on the shelf. Rotella 15 40 is the recommended oil north of the border. I know we finally rec'd a skid of it as well.
  20. 3

Crap Firestone Transforce tires

I've dealt with the guy my whole life in business. Our shop is one of his biggest customers. He takes pretty good care of me (even though I'm retired) and he's keeping the Firestones.