Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera Height

3500guy

Reaction score
Installing the factory tow camera package on my 22 3500 this afternoon. I pretested before starting the install. It works great. I've stopped for the day to do a little research. Our Grand Design 295RL has the Furion rear view cam that is mounted at about 9 feet. I was hoping to mount the new cam at about 8'6" just below the Furion. Thoughts please!! Thank you.

TinGoatTravelers

Reaction score
Installing the factory tow camera package on my 22 3500 this afternoon. I pretested before starting the install. It works great. I've stopped for the day to do a little research. Our Grand Design 295RL has the Furion rear view cam that is mounted at about 9 feet. I was hoping to mount the new cam at about 8'6" just below the Furion. Thoughts please!! Thank you.
That’s exactly what I’ve done with mine. I had a Voyager wireless about 8.5’ up and put the RAM tow cam right under it. There are many positions you can click the camera into so you can get just the right view - and you and fine tune that with buttons on the mirror (up/down, left/right, level +/-). I don’t know why the instructions don’t want it to exceed 5’ or something like that. It wouldn’t be a good height for seeing traffic as far as I’m concerned…

Users who are viewing this thread