Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer camera and wiring

joeycamp

Reaction score
With the option Trailer camera wiring (no camera) by Mopar, is this the wire that goes all the way to the back of your camper? And includes the outlet to the left of the license plate? Or is it just the outlet?

And Wired tow-mode camera. I guess this is the camera for the back of your camper? Any aftermarket suggestions?

Thanks.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
With the option Trailer camera wiring (no camera) by Mopar, is this the wire that goes all the way to the back of your camper? And includes the outlet to the left of the license plate? Or is it just the outlet?
This (XFQ) will be the 12-pin connector that share a housing with the 7-pin trailer connector to the right of the license plate. There is no additional wiring, that' part of the $995 surround camera kit.
And Wired tow-mode camera. I guess this is the camera for the back of your camper? Any aftermarket suggestions?

Thanks.
This is the LVDS digital coax that will have a port to the left of the license plate. Only the OEM LVDS camera is going to work with the digital rearview mirror.

3500guy

Reaction score
It would be nice if the Furion wireless rear mounted camera kit would interface with the in dash display.

joeycamp

Reaction score
This (XFQ) will be the 12-pin connector that share a housing with the 7-pin trailer connector to the right of the license plate. There is no additional wiring, that' part of the $995 surround camera kit.
So for the Laramie surround is not even available so wouldn't need this
This is the LVDS digital coax that will have a port to the left of the license plate. Only the OEM LVDS camera is going to work with the digital rearview mirror.

For a camera on back of the camper I would need this? (Wired tow-mode camera)

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

For a single camera that displays on the digital rearview mirror, yes.

There are two ways to get there.

On a package that includes the digital mirror, you add on the camera.

1647212672624.png

Otherwise you pick the digital mirror package.

1647212430715.png

The easiest is to just go down to the interior section and pick the camera and it will force a package selection.

1647212526966.png

Safety group B will then also require a package selection.

1647212582533.png

joeycamp

Reaction score
For a single camera that displays on the digital rearview mirror, yes.

There are two ways to get there.

On a package that includes the digital mirror, you add on the camera.

View attachment 33783

Otherwise you pick the digital mirror package.

View attachment 33779

The easiest is to just go down to the interior section and pick the camera and it will force a package selection.

View attachment 33781

Safety group B will then also require a package selection.

View attachment 33782
All set with this then. Getting Level A safety B and the camera.
Thanks

orlando bull

Reaction score

Are you sure about this? When I ordered on 2/18, there was a Towing Technology Group B (ADK) that I was able to add to my order that includes the surround view camera system. May want to check with your dealer and see if it is available these days. Bear in mind that this package and the cross path detection (XAN) are not shown on the build and price, but they were both available when I ordered my truck.

joeycamp

Reaction score
Are you sure about this? When I ordered on 2/18, there was a Towing Technology Group B (ADK) that I was able to add to my order that includes the surround view camera system. May want to check with your dealer and see if it is available these days. Bear in mind that this package and the cross path detection (XAN) are not shown on the build and price, but they were both available when I ordered my truck.
Yes haven't seen the Towing Technology Group but the cross path detection is along with Blind-spot with Tag Trailer at the bottom a la carte in Safety and security. Was also wondering what the Tag Trailer part means. I'll be checking all this with the dealer when I'm ready about a month and a half from now. Maybe by then availability will be better on options,

Users who are viewing this thread