Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. oscar

Chassis failure.

Made me get under there again, in the wet cold. The chassis beam is 7-1/2" all the way. To the left is the rear cab mount, the square tube at the bottom left is my TC tie down seen in the more distant shot.
  2. oscar

Chassis failure.

You said you thought the frame was 12" high. It's not. Not even close.
  3. oscar

Chassis failure.

My impression was the opposite. It's 7-1/2"x2-1/2" and I don't think it's 1/4" thick. It's "engineered" which means it's shaped and built to take loads in certain ways, while minimizing material/weight which results in OVERALL strength being less than if you were in fact to take a foot tall 1/4"...
  4. oscar

Chassis failure.

Is it a short bed? I didn't think my truck came in a short version.
  5. oscar

Chassis failure.

Apologies if this is old news, posting dates elsewhere show recent. For those unfamiliar there are brackets mounted on the chassis to tie down the camper. Most are Torquelift brand and use existing holes and hardware, with a few additional pieces. NO DRILLING. We can't see on the picture what...
  6. oscar

High Idle

I switch out about 75 trailers in a week....... Here's my "herd". It's used to store the stuff for an event. I haul them a mile over a hill to our ops center, do maintenance on them and then move them to where they need to be. Some right away, some sit a few days..... At the back end it all...
  7. oscar

High Idle

Normally I hardly idle at all. It's the two weeks a year of working an event moving trailers etc that I do quite a bit more. I could just start/shut down all the time, but that kinda goes against my grain.
  8. oscar

High Idle

I will have to check, but I've never seen it above 25-30% of scale......(Not sure what the units are, not in my truck)
  9. oscar

High Idle

Yes, starting to look like that. I had a 6.7 in my motor home that never did that, but it was driven differently.
  10. oscar

High Idle

Thank you for the posts. To clarify: * Yes I get high idle on (very) cold start. This I know is normal. * The phenomenon I describe is well after warm up and driving. Ex: Yesterday it happened after I drove a few miles from the house to the car wash. Ambient was about 40º. This summer it...
  11. oscar

High Idle

Greetings esteemed knowledge body. Yes, I did a search. Lots of talk about regens, and don't see the correlation (yet) So, after idling for a while, 5-10 minutes, the truck goes to high idle for about 5 or so minutes. This happens in ambient temps of 40-90ºF Anyone know why? Thanks. (Yes I...
  12. oscar

2020 3500 Diesel Front Hitch

Ordered the Draw Tite 65084..... Fits perfectly except for the two honking radiator/oil cooler supports that are in the way with the Cummins. Be nice if they put that on the listings...... Does anyone know of one that fits, or do I have to get Mr Migz out to put about a 3" drop on there? Thanks.
  13. oscar

Serious inverter power.......

I thought about that, easy to do. Thing is, even producing only 750W/H, which is all I need without AC for a night, the thing burns 3/4GPH of gasoline on the fiver, and propane on the TC. The latter I have to schlepp bottles, the former I need to get into a gas station........ (I pump diesel at...
  14. oscar

That looks very nice. I am hours away from connecting it all.
  15. oscar

Battery Connections

You could. But I am trying to keep this as simple as possible because of cost, and the fact that it all would have to come out if I trade/sell the truck and need it to look original. Then there is my awareness of modern vehicle electronics and the knowledge that if you mess with it, the module...
  16. oscar

Battery Connections

Those were helpful links.... Reading through them my 60A max draw is not considered a lot. There is info on 300A connections, which they recommend connecting to the block..... Way more than I need. So I went with the passenger side. Added on to existing connections and will wait until the grid...
  17. oscar

Some of you may find this interesting.... Serious inverter power is an ongoing quest for many traveling away from home, be it RV'ing, overlanding or just hanging in the guvernment lands....... . I finally bit the bullet and am installing a system, but with a twist..... Link is to my blog which...
  18. oscar

Battery Connections

Not sure what the right forum is, I know most of the traffic is here. Installing a 60A Sterling 12VDC to 12VDC charger to charge a "house bank" while driving. (To power inverter for camper, but that's another story for another thread). I found a nice fat unused post on the Pos Bus that has the...
  19. oscar

RetraxPro Tonneau

Soooold.
  20. oscar

RetraxPro Tonneau

Re-listing with proper data: Fits 2020 RAM 3500 DRW with 8'bed and maybe others, check with manufacturer. Heavy duty aluminum, lockable retracting cover. These list North of 2K, I'll take $1000 Located in Bethlehem PA, we can talk about meeting somewhere. (basically $.50/mile to cover fuel cost)