Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. MT1

Oil Change Intervals

thats for sure. I only took it in for a recall a few months ago and i have to take it in for another one but i keep forgetting to make an appointment
  2. MT1

Oil Change Intervals

I contemplated doing an oil change at 5000 becuase i heard it wasnt a bad thing to do.
  3. MT1

Oil Change Intervals

So I picked up my 2500 CTD at the end of January. To date I have less than 5000 miles as I really only drive it on weekends. How often should I change the oil with such little driving? I am not really towing anything yet. Im just curious.
  4. MT1

Are you seeing more Ram trucks on the road?

i live in lakeside, I see a decent mix of everything
  5. MT1

thats a good observation. I've noticed that too.
  6. MT1

I live in SD its a bit of everything down here. Good mix of Rams, Chevys, and Fords. Hell on my Street there are 2 F250s and 2 Ram 2500s
  7. MT1

What made you pick THAT model when you ordered your truck?

Got a bighorn because mainly I dont care for leather and I wanted vynil floors because of dogs. Most of the other features I can add later. Got a diesel because it's what I wanted. Red because I always wanted a big red truck since I was a kid. Got the bench seat for.....reasons. I'm planning on...
  8. MT1

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Not today but Sunday I got her a light coat of mud. It had a rained a few days prior and the mud luddles were still fresh on Fiesta Island. So before going to this brunch for my union we took a lap and got a little dirty.
  9. MT1

Anyone use a good step or stool to get into the bed?

I usually drop the tail gate and flop into the bed like a beached whale.
  10. MT1

How long have you been driving a diesel truck?

about 2 months now. This is my first diesel. Granted I drove a F450 stake bed a few years ago for work but thats about it.
  11. MT1

2500 Vinyl floor instead of carpet? Who has it?

Sorry I didn't post sooner I got busy with work and life. The back mat is hard to move because it one big piece but that's what it looks like under the mat. Only downside to the mat is that it makes the storage box mildly difficult to access. I prefer this over carpet and realistically all...
  12. MT1

NO POLITICS --- Gas /fuel price in your area?

Diesel is 6.19 cash price at the 7-11 down the street. Sinclair by my parents house 20 minutes away is 5.29 cash price. gas is 4.99 for regular there too. just have to plan our fuel ups by going there to pick up the baby once a week.
  13. MT1

Will the mileage get better or is this what I should expect?

I've only filled up three times since getting the truck. First fill up was about 16.6mpg. Second was 16. Thirst was 17.7 mpg. All per gas buddy fuel log.
  14. MT1

2500 Vinyl floor instead of carpet? Who has it?

I have it in my truck. I dont really notice it because it came with floor mats. I got it because of the dogs and while I can get seat covers. It was always a pain to attempt to get dog hair out of the flooring in my last truck. I can take a picture when I get home tonight if you'd like
  15. MT1

Removing adaptive steering

Im getting used to it after about 500 miles on the truck. Its about the only issue i have with the truck
  16. MT1

Removing adaptive steering

ok so im not the only one who thinks the steering is a little sensitive for such a big vehicle. My dad said the same thing when he borrowed my truck. I dont mine the lane keep assist but i just want to stiffen the steering a tad so if i jerk the wheel on accident it doesnt send 7k lbs of truck...
  17. MT1

Strange sound when going slow

Yea maybe it would make sense as it was when releasing the brake and it sounding like receiving pressure in a hydraulic line.
  18. MT1

Maybe that's it. The truck only has 300 miles so the breaks haven't really been broken in.
  19. MT1

What's the longest wait for a HD Ram ??

Mine was exactly the 12 quoted weeks from order to delivery at dealer. It seems to be somewhat random and but also depends on your options
  20. MT1

So today we took the truck out to run some errands. We got hungry and went through an drive thru. I noticed that every time I released the break there was a sound like a high pitched squeak/release of pressure. It went away after we got it out of the drive thru and couldnt get it to happen...