Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Ram911

Bad shock on new 2021 2500

Bringing this thread back to life. Just bought some Fox shocks for my 2021 ram 2500 6.7. I took off the passenger side first and the shock was bad. I have 30,000 miles. It says its a gas shock but does not rebound after pushing it down. I am still under warranty, but figure why should I have...
  2. Ram911

Turbo Surge ??

2021 2500 6.7 6 months old 8500 miles Im sure there is a term for this. What I am experiencing is continued power after letting off the pedal. This is more noticeable under fast acceleration, but also under slow acceleration. The engine will keep pulling for a couple seconds after letting off...
  3. Ram911

Remote start added to 2020 Tradesman (SOLVED)

@mostcorey95 said he did. I had a dealer call a STAR tech and was told unless it comes from the factory it will not work thru the app. Uconnect CS said the same thing (called 2 times). I really think they can push some software update to get it enabled. I wish it would work from the APP.
  4. Ram911

CarPlay sometimes doesn't work when plugged in

Happened to me a couple days ago. I fixed it by holding the power button on the radio for at least 10 sec, released it the radio rebooted then worked fine. 8.4 Nav
  5. Ram911

TCO of Hemi vs Cummins

Picked up my first diesel and love it. 2021 6.7. Running empty (couple hundred pounds in bed) I avg 21.3 mpg on trips in the hills in the N/E. 600 mile round trips with some local store runs. Truck only has 2800 miles so I assume it may get better. It actually calculated a little higher doing...
  6. Ram911

4% Under Invoice on any Retail order HD Ram Truck

Some dealers in N/E are selling over MSRP on stock and in transit HD's. Affiliate at some for an order. I grabbed one in transit and only got a grand off a 6.7 tradesman somewhat equipped for base model.
  7. Ram911

Do you guys find that the mirrors take some getting used to?

Right side is horrible. I use both the regular and convex while changing lanes. If I see it in the flat its far back and use convex to see some of the blind spot. Kinda scary making quick lane changes. It seems the flat is zoomed in too much and not like most right mirrors that say "objects...
  8. Ram911

Soft Brakes - weak brakes - sponge brakes 2021 3500 - merged threads

Noticed this as well on my 2021 6.7. Drove off the lot and the brakes felt very responsive. Drove around a couple days and thought I glazed them. I guess its normal to have to apply some pressure on these trucks. Seems to stop well if you push pretty hard.
  9. Ram911

Idle Shutdown Feature. Anyone enable it?

I assume it can be set to off as well. Read one post saying it may keep the ignition on after shut down. I seem to think this is false as the ignition turns off after 2 min under normal conditions if left on. (I Think) Also what would be the point of the feature if you have to go back to the...
  10. Ram911

2021 2500 68RFE slipping on shift??

Thank You for the valid info. I found this in the manual which explains what I noticed. TORQUE CONVERTER CLUTCH A feature designed to improve fuel economy has been included in the automatic transmission on your vehicle. A clutch within the torque converter engages automatically at calibrated...
  11. Ram911

Are you saying this is normal and nothing to worry about? What you explain sounds like what I am experiencing. I just never had this happen in any other Truck/car I have owned or never noticed it. Thank You
  12. Ram911

2021 CTD oil grade

Can the 2021 6.7 use API-FA4? Took this from the shell site "Shell ROTELLA® T5 Ultra 10W-30 is suitable for use in 2017 as well as some late model engines allowing an API FA-4 diesel oil in this viscosity. Some engine manufacturers do not yet approve the use of API FA-4 engine oils, while some...
  13. Ram911

I seem to get some slipping just before shifting gears. I believe its more noticeable on 3rd or 4th gear. The RPMs move up about 2 lines on the tach and you can feel the slip. It does shift in smooth after but just doesnt seem right and will probably cause wear. I have read some threads on this...
  14. Ram911

Thanks... Ill double check but I do not have heated wheel or seats. I only have the 8.4 nav with climate control/convenience package.
  15. Ram911

I thought in this thread some tradesman owner got the tailgate release to work by enabling the remote sales code with the correct fob
  16. Ram911

I looked in settings and dont see an option. Maybe it cant be on auto? I didnt try just using heat or ac without auto set.
  17. Ram911

shouldn't my climate control work when remote started. Screen says climate control off until i push the start button. I set it to a high temp to test but just blows very slow ambient air. Any suggestions?
  18. Ram911

Now I will try to see if they will put in a STAR ticket with FCA to get it to show up in the APP.
  19. Ram911

No it did not. That was labor.
  20. Ram911

From reading this thread I now confirmed I was ripped off at the dealer today. 2021 2500 Tradesman 6.7. I was charged 2 hours time to install the mopar remote start kit. After reading here I realize they did not have to run any wires as I had the hood adjar light on my dash when the hood is...