Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TCO of Hemi vs Cummins

pinkerton81

Reaction score
Those prices would certainly tip the financial decision toward the diesel, but average prices across the country reflect a $.21 higher price for diesel (not lower)
1632748820500.png

Bet the numbers change when diesel is 58 cents less than gas.

1bbabfed2ee8680c649b8a4842105d80.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ram911

Reaction score
Picked up my first diesel and love it. 2021 6.7. Running empty (couple hundred pounds in bed) I avg 21.3 mpg on trips in the hills in the N/E. 600 mile round trips with some local store runs. Truck only has 2800 miles so I assume it may get better. It actually calculated a little higher doing the math. Over 72 or 73 MPH it does drop off a bit.

Get whats gonna make you happy. I wouldn't worry about the cost over a 100k of driving. Not much difference there.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Picked up my first diesel and love it. 2021 6.7. Running empty (couple hundred pounds in bed) I avg 21.3 mpg on trips in the hills in the N/E. 600 mile round trips with some local store runs. Truck only has 2800 miles so I assume it may get better. It actually calculated a little higher doing the math. Over 72 or 73 MPH it does drop off a bit.

Get whats gonna make you happy. I wouldn't worry about the cost over a 100k of driving. Not much difference there.

They historically have always gotten better as the cylinder walls hone to their final finish, but with all the emissions crap who knows.

The harder you work it, the sooner it will get better mileage. If worked lightly it could be up to 30K before you see a big change.

Users who are viewing this thread