Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. mbarber84

Automatic Regen too often

FWIW, The Genos kit also goes to Polaris Labs, however it does not include the postage to ship it. The kit posted from Amsoil also includes the prepaid shipping.
  2. mbarber84

Yep that will work
  3. mbarber84

You can buy oil analysis kits from your local Cummins Sales & Service center, or directly from Amsoil. Both Cummins and Amsoil use Polaris Laboratories as their outside oil analysis lab. Polaris is exceptionally good at what they do, and has all of the state of the art equipment to do proper oil...
  4. mbarber84

I second this. Oil analysis, especially if done at each oil change, can be very telling and persuasive. I have a brand new EGR cooler on my 2022 right now because I was able to demonstrate to my dealer that there was evidence that trace amounts of coolant was progressively getting into the...
  5. mbarber84

That’s the first place to start. Mopar 53034051AB is what you want. Buy it from Genos Garage. Avoid eBay / Amazon
  6. mbarber84

There’s multiple solutions to the issue. It depends on which part (or parts) of the system are malfunctioning. There’s a laundry list of systems that have to be inspected in order to determine what’s causing the frequent regen issue.
  7. mbarber84

150 miles between regenerations is far from fixed. Sounds like the issue was upstream and the new DPF was a bandaid (which is common with dealers who won’t properly diagnose the issue)
  8. mbarber84

2025 Ram Heavy Duty To Get New ZF Powerline® 8-Speed

Must be a PACCAR component specifically then. Which auto transmission is behind the X15?
  9. mbarber84

2019+ Frequent Regeneration Issue Tracking Sheet

Mine is the same way. Several stations locally, Sheetz being one of them, has signs on their pumps indicating that their diesel could be as high as B20. After several tanks of that fuel, and a regeneration schedule that was anything but desirable, I’m happy to have found another local chain that...
  10. mbarber84

22 6.7 “making oil”

I’m sure the bearings in the turbo would also show signs of wear. Fuel dilution is hard on anything that’s lubricated.
  11. mbarber84

22 6.7 “making oil”

Forced regeneration (aka stationary desoot) rarely, if ever, fixes anything with these issues. It’s just a temporary bandaid at best. The dealers are not adequately equipped, trained, or prepared to properly diagnose these types of issues. If its warranty work, it pays half the normal rate and...
  12. mbarber84

22 6.7 “making oil”

You can just about be assured you already have some level of premature bearing wear with fuel that high. The pushrods and rockers are very susceptible to premature wear from thinning / shearing of the engine oil as well. I would want everything inspected.
  13. mbarber84

Check out the column shifter PACCAR is using in the trucks equipped with the TX-8 (ZF-Powerline) Not sure if that’s actually a PACCAR product, or if it’s a rebranded ZF component the same as the transmission itself.
  14. mbarber84

Definitely. The knob shifter makes sense and will likely be the choice they go with. It’s readily available and also cleans up the dash and interior. No more rubber boots to wear out and no loose 10mm bolt causing a loose shifter.
  15. mbarber84

Frequent Active Regen fix

I would fork out the $40 and send a sample out yourself, as well as pulling the oil filter and cutting it open. The knowledge alone would be worth the money. Send it off to Polaris Labs and see what they find.
  16. mbarber84

Wow…that’s great for the rotating assemblies :confused: Was that dipstick reading taken after an overnight cold soak on a level pad?
  17. mbarber84

2022 Aisin Failure Tracking Sheet

Your transmission did not fail correct? That transmission Built November 2021. December Edited: Thanks @AH64ID for catching my miscount. Note to self: no serial number calculations until I’ve had my third cup of coffee :D
  18. mbarber84

I’ve been documenting trucks with regen frequency issues in the hope of finding if there’s a common thread between them. It also draws more attention to the issue and makes people aware that it’s “out there” so they can be informed. The spreadsheet concept worked really well for the Aisin...
  19. mbarber84

Are you on my spreadsheet for the frequent regenerations?
  20. mbarber84

I’m always leery when I hear of a dealer diagnosing a P2459 and jumping right to replacement of the DPF. It’s absolutely imperative to ensure that every system upstream is 100% functioning correctly prior to throwing a DPF at the situation. Otherwise the problem will usually persist and...