Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Viejo

Dust entering cab -- 2021/2500 Crew Cab

when I get the replacement truck I'll do the same. My truck got so bad it looked like a 10yo work truck that had never been cleaned.
  2. Viejo

Nice -- now I know what they look like from the inside. Like you, I had figured that I would just cover them. My idea was to do it with a piece of dense foam but I like the filter idea better. The interesting thing is that I went to a second dealer and the service guy I talked to said it...
  3. Viejo

I never got to the bottom of it. Took it to the dealer and they just gave me a stupid look when I told them that dust was still entering the cabin, they didn't fix anything. Long story short due to issues with my transmission I got my truck lemmon lawed and I just didn't follow up on it anymore...
  4. Viejo

just an update -- the dealer says this is a normal amount of dust. It's also in for a transmission issue which has now been escalated to a new transmission. I need to see where this dust issue goes. If they pin it on "its normal" that is pretty lame and I'll have to now invest more time...
  5. Viejo

Extended warranty questions

Yeah, this is what I heard. Still, and I know better, but reading the horror stories online made me question if I made the right choice to go with a Diesel with all the EPA equipment. I regularly tow 19k so I really didn't have a choice but back in the day the diesel engine on Nissan patrol I...
  6. Viejo

This is gold! Thanks for that info and it's very reassuring to know RAM has a procedure in place for these situations.
  7. Viejo

I am not sure anyone was proposing that the warranty cover it, at least I wasn't. I don't trust most dealers out there. The Ram dealer I am dealing with seems to be very transparent. It's 100 miles away and that's why I opted to go that far because the locals in the big city I was trying to deal...
  8. Viejo

100% agree -- I just need to train myself to pay attention. 30 years ago water in fuel wasn't an issue for the truck I ran. I guess that's the trade-off when using a high-performance fuel pump and injectors
  9. Viejo

How do they prove it? Do they provide you with a sample or results of a lab test of the contaminated fuel? If it is contaminated and they can prove it then if you have a receipt you can go after the gas station? Are there automobile insurance policies that cover it?
  10. Viejo

Ok, so the dealer doesn't know what he is talking about -- no surprise there. Then what was the big deal with the CP4. I believe I read somewhere that a law firm got involved on behalf of several customers who were told the warranty wouldn't cover the exploded CP4s. Only then was RAM motivated...
  11. Viejo

I asked my dealer about the fuel system and the factory powertrain warranty, and he said the powertrain includes all the internally lubricated parts and not the fuel pump or injectors. He was specifically talking about the portion of the factory warranty that goes past the 36K/3years -- I think...
  12. Viejo

I wonder if it covers the fuel delivery system. However, for the transmission that lifetime warranty is gold. If you have the Cummins you more than likely won't ever need to use it for the engine but that begs the question, does it cover the injectors and fuel pump? Would those components be...
  13. Viejo

do you know ff the top of your head who the underwriter is
  14. Viejo

Before I get started. I have already decided that for my purposes the extended warranty is worth the money. My questions are about selecting the correct warranty and some of the items to watch out for. I have seen mention Zeigler but from what I understand is that they are associated with...
  15. Viejo

I'll explain to them that on top of the fact that I noticed it on this trip I also am required to drive down a gravel driveway to access my home and that I have severe asthma and that if I have to go to the hospital they will have a potentially larger mess to deal with above and beyond just...
  16. Viejo

Interesting and thanks for sharing. I am going to take it to the dealer but I may instal a foam section of 2 in think and 12 in by 12 in and cover each one of those vents just for good measure. I am going to see what the dealer has to say and have them explain to me what their solution is...
  17. Viejo

well, the dust entering my cab (not a mega cab) is definitely coming through the back wall. There is no doubt about that. I attached some photos below. Sorry about the quality and slow response, I have several high-priority moving targets which are work-related that need my attention. Having...
  18. Viejo

I just got back from a 2000+ mile trip to northwestern Nevada and did a fair amount of graded gravel roads. There was quite a bit of fine dust in some areas. I noticed about 50 miles into the gravel that there were copious amounts of dust entering the cab. It was the ultra-fine dust due to the...
  19. Viejo

Do you guys find that the mirrors take some getting used to?

Definitely takes getting used to. Like mentioned previously the right-hand side seems to have less coverage. However, having said that, you can improve it quite a bit by really fine-tunning the position and accept the fact that you will have to physically move the position of your head up or...