Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. P

Mark Dodge - Out of town delivery

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. I flew into Houston and they met me at the airport, drove me about 3 miles to a gas station and gave me the keys. If I were you, I'd tell them I want to take the truck at the airport - that extra drive cost me about 25 minutes. I paid for the truck by wire...
  2. P

LOL - Pardon, I flew iinto Houston (IAH)
  3. P

I know this is not your question but when I bought from MD, i found that their offer was bout $5k under what I was able to sell my truck for. Have you looked for local offers? This would eliminate the cost of transporting the trade. I flew into IAD and they met me at the airport with the...
  4. P

Subthread 2022 orders - Aftermarket Parts on order pre truck delivery?

I'm in total agreement with you - but I don't want a cover that flutters up and down in the wind (for some reason I can't stand to see that on other trucks on the highway)
  5. P

Gator Recoil bed cover

How do you like it? I'm considering the same
  6. P

Subthread 2022 orders - Aftermarket Parts on order pre truck delivery?

How do you like your Gator Recoil? I'm considering the same but wonder bout it's durability since the price is so much lower than others
  7. P

Building my RAM 2500. Help

I agree. Limited slip is a "must have" for me. I don't want to mess around with 4WD in the rain or light snow and I don't want too much wheel spin at launch in those conditions. I have elock on my 1500 and it's really not for me - I don't want to have to decide when to use it and when not to...
  8. P

Side steps/Nerf bars, etc.

I may go with these. Can you give me a pn and/or where you got them?
  9. P

Side steps/Nerf bars, etc.

10. P

TCO of Hemi vs Cummins

Those prices would certainly tip the financial decision toward the diesel, but average prices across the country reflect a $.21 higher price for diesel (not lower)
  11. P

TCO of Hemi vs Cummins

The trailer is 9500 lbs fully loaded, more like 8800 as I use it
  12. P

TCO of Hemi vs Cummins

Based on that point, I adjusted the resale factor to 75% - see below: But if the MPG differential is less than 4: I'm hearing many (like you) say the gas mileage is not that great.
  13. P

TCO of Hemi vs Cummins

Here's one for $26k https://www.ebay.com/itm/114992291934?hash=item1ac613205e:g:O6UAAOSwy79hQhaT
  14. P

TCO of Hemi vs Cummins

I live in Indianapolis and will use the truck for daily driving and towing our travel trailer occasionally
  15. P

TCO of Hemi vs Cummins

That's great - what MPG differential are you assuming? 4 mpg better with the Cummins?
  16. P

TCO of Hemi vs Cummins

All, I just ordered a 2500 and chose a Hemi using the simple calculation below. I'm convinced the total cost of ownership for the Hemi is lower but want to hear more input. Note that my assumptions were that resale percentage of purchase price is equal at 50% after 100k miles, MPG differential...
  17. P

Price negotiated from MSRP

I ordered from Mark Dodge yesterday. MSRP was $61,300 out the door for $54,745. Sandi was great to deal with. She said delivery would be appx 3 months (which I'm guessing is optimistic). 2500 Laramie with limited slip, Level C, bucket seats, bedliner, body color bumpers, and granite crystal paint.
  18. P

Excessive fuel consumption while towing?

That's very interesting (thanks). So the $8k premium gets you an $.11/mile savings in fuel alone (1,400 miles divided by $157.75). And it will take about 72,000 miles to pay for itself? (If I understand correctly) ........................But it will also get you much more on resale (maybe...
  19. P

Price negotiated from MSRP

Did you use the Penfed discount? How does one take advantage of that $1k?