Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. C

TPMS (TIS) sensors for trailer (SOLVED - see 1st post) aka TTPMS - Trailer TPMS

Well, some good news! I had to take the trailer out today to go pick up a car from the race track. So I figured I'd leave the TTPMS screen up on the dash. Lo and behold after less than a quarter mile, all the trailer tire pressures populated the screen! So it appears that the trailer needs to be...
  2. C

TPMS (TIS) sensors for trailer (SOLVED - see 1st post) aka TTPMS - Trailer TPMS

First, thank you to all that did all the legwork to figure this all out. Recently I was towing my trailer out of LA and the truck got a rapid puncture of the left rear tire. Fortunately the TPMS system worked perfectly, and I was able to pull off the freeway safely. The tire went almost...
  3. C

Ram cp4 failure thread - Post all CP4 failures here DO NOT start a new thread.

What do you think the problem is? Doesn't seem like it would be a CP4 issue.
  4. C

CP4 Fuel pump failure at 7200 miles and 6 months into ownership of my 2020 Ram 2500.

Sorry to hear about that (although not really that surprised). They can't tell you what the issue is until they have fully investigated what the problem is. Once they confirm that it's the CP4 failure they'll order the parts, and depending on back orders, it will likely take about a month or so...
  5. C

10k mile, 1 year review of my 2020 Ram 2500

Now that I’ve had my 2020 Ram 2500 Laramie Longhorn for a year and covered 10,000 miles I thought it’s time for a quick review of the truck, and how it met, exceeded, or didn’t meet my expectations. Overall the bottom line is I really want to like the truck, but there are enough negatives that I...
  6. C

Mega Cab vs Crew Cab

Agreed - I think the trucks without the MC now look odd!
  7. C

Mega Cab vs Crew Cab

I have the megacab - worth every penny. I do several interstate trips towing a car trailer, and the extra storage is well worth it. If you really need a 8' bed, then that's the only reason not to get it. I wanted the extra storage, and didn't want to get the Ramboxes.
  8. C

CP4 Fuel pump failure at 7200 miles and 6 months into ownership of my 2020 Ram 2500.

So here's a final update on this story, I finally received a response from FCA regarding reimbursement of expenses incurred from the fuel pump failure. I had submitted around $730 in expenses directly related to the failure. This included accommodation, towing, car and truck rental, Uber rides...
  9. C

Hood fills with water after it rains. Now with video.

Sorry, but you should just stop complaining and suck it up and deal with it. That's just the way it is with these trucks. So what if some hoods fill up with water. Okay - j/k!! :p I'd probably pull the emblems off, seal them with silicone and then drill some drain holes and call it good...
  10. C

To Ceramic...or not to Ceramic....

I had a car I bought new almost four years ago and had it ceramic coated professionally by a well known local business. I also had Xpel installed on the front half of the car. I'm a huge believer in both of those products. If the car is just dusty, a light pressure wash and a wipe down with a...
  11. C

It's really difficult to give you an answer to your question. We don't really know the incidence of failure. We don't really know if the new design of the CP4 pump is the solution. Chevy/GMC does not use a CP4 pump - instead they use a Denso pump, and that doesn't appear to have issues. Ford...
  12. C

CP4 Changes - to large dimple symmetrical cam version

Does anyone know if the CP4 failures are only on the 2500? Are the 3500 HO diesels affected?
  13. C

CP4 Changes - to large dimple symmetrical cam version

Is it possible to get them to replace the pump with the new design pre-emptively? Probably not - I'm guessing that all the new pumps are being used to repair the old busted pumps. If that was an option, I might do that if I still had the asymmetrical design.
  14. C

So I picked up my truck on Friday. I had hoped that they might have shipped it for me to Las Vegas but that was no bueno.. So my son and I headed off for the 3 hour drive to the dealership on Friday. When we got there the service rep had me sign the work order and then they brought the truck up...
  15. C

Update - got the call from the dealer that my truck is repaired and ready to be picked up - no mention of CP4 pumps or anything related to why it failed and what has been done differently to prevent it from happening again. I'll check the dimples when I pick it up and report back. Probably going...
  16. C

So I got an update on the repair on my truck. The Ram rep that was assigned to my case called me to let me know that the parts were shipping out 2 days ago, and provided me with a tracking number. Initially it wasn't in the system but it eventually updated. The parts appeared to have been...
  17. C

Agreed - however I think the thing that is frustrating me the most about this is the lack of taking care of their customers that just spent in excess of $70k with them. I was offered $30 a day towards a rental while my truck is being repaired - do you know what you can rent for $30 a day...
  18. C

why do people bash ram trucks so much?

That's a fair point - how about catastrophic fuel system failure - better?
  19. C

CP4 Fuel pump failure - happening often around 6-7k miles within 6 months or so of ownership. The pump disintegrates and dumps metal all through the fuel system. When it happens, it's pretty much instant. From initial engine warning light, to being dead was about 10 to 15 minutes. Just enough...
  20. C

If you bought a brand new 2020 Ram truck, and then six months into ownership, it suffered a catastrophic engine failure and left you stranded at the side of the road, and will likely take at least 3 months before it's repaired, how would you feel about Ram trucks.?