Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

why do people bash ram trucks so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Its quite simple and can be summed up in 1 word " JEALOUSY ". Everybody wants the best, everyone has an opinion, but at the end of the day it comes down to facts. You either believe them or you spin

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram sells big in my area, so very little Ram bashing. However, GM is the underdog in my are

D

Deleted member 80

ford is having a lot of issues with their Diesels and now struggling to get parts...

Any details on this? I have a buddy who is a fleet mechanic(Cummins owner)and he says he is surprised how few major issues he is seeing.

Bdwb

Reaction score
Any details on this? I have a buddy who is a fleet mechanic(Cummins owner)and he says he is surprised how few major issues he is seeing.
I was on the tremor forum - there are a bunch of complaints from new owners. Plus a friend who is a mechanic on all diesels bitches about the fords. But I am not a ford hater even though it may sound this way. I have driven all the latest ford HD engines - the diesel is super fast and the Godzilla is pretty well liked but still early in its evolution. They ride nice. I just think Ram is tough to beat with the Cummins. And the interior/exterior is a little nicer in my opinion.

cummins2020

Reaction score
Just a few short years ago I was the only person who owned Mopar trucks and cars. Now everyone is trying the RAM flavor and more are staying than leaving.

And, look at the numbers...RAM is finally breaking through the stereotypes.
Your were not alone brother...Ive never owned anything but Chrysler Products for my entire life. Been driving them for 50 plus years!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Your were not alone brother...Ive never owned anything but Chrysler Products for my entire life. Been driving them for 50 plus years!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back when they had the big ram hood ornament on what was a dodge

jadmt

Reaction score
I bought a new durango in 1998 and swore i would never own another dodge product again. Then i got hooked on jeeps and actually never had any issues. Bought my first new ford truck in 1977 and had a bunch since and never had a single issue with any of them. i really wanted a ford raptor but all the dealers think they are made of gold and add $5000 to their already high msrp. I decided to try a new power wagon and so far i like it. Seems a bit lower quality build wise than the others and i still see more newer rusted out tailgates on rams than either ford or chevy. It bugs me when i get up in the bed and the floor of the bed flexes under my 200lbs. I will say i love how the power wagon drives and can not even complain about the mpg so far Altho i only have 1500 miles on it and only a month old.

RV_Goose

Reaction score
All manufacturers have dealers that have busy service departments doing warranty repairs and routine maintenance. When I worked at American Honda, I got to know some of the folks in the marketing department. They told me that across all manufacturers today, well it was in 2010, that 80% of purchasers will not see any issues. 10-15% will seem some issues that will be resolved at the dealership. Less than 5% will have major issues. And very few will not be resolved. Certain lines will account for more of the numbers for every manufacturer, and other lines will have almost no issues.

Many people will join a board to complain. Few will join a webboard to state "all is well. Nothing broke".

MikeXM

Reaction score
Many people will join a board to complain. Few will join a webboard to state "all is well. Nothing broke".
That is a good thing. With 20 millions vehicles sold per year in the US alone, I sincerely hope they will not all come online to say everything is fine... RAM is like 500 thousands a year. That would be a lot of messages to go through!!!!

Wpg_Ram

Reaction score
I was a solid GM guy, never liked the Ford ... then they made the beautiful rams and I loved looking at them ... but refused to buy a truck that had the grill attached to the hood. At 6’6” last thing I need is another reason to hit my head. Then Ram put the grill back to where it should be and I fell in love. Test drove one and fell in love with 1500 ... 3 trucks later, I’ve moved onto my 4th ram and stepped up to the 2500. People just have their preferences in vehicles and like to bash everyone that doesn’t agree with them

PGHChris81

Reaction score
My last Ford (2016 F150 5.0) was a complete piece of garbage. I loved the design, but it was in the dealershp non-stop for either warranty work or outright issues. It leaked water from the windshield drivers side. The worst problem was that the doors would not latch shut when it would be below or near freezing and a little dampness out. I spent 15 minutes trying to shut them on numerous occasions making me late for work in the mornings. It was in 3 times for that, with a supposed fix, and then a fix v 2.0, whatever that meant. They also got crappy with me about getting me a rental and having me cover the cost. After that I was done and decided to research a new brand truck. GM has a solid motor, but they are so small and interiors are just plain and boring. I started looking at the new Rams and after lurking on this site and driving one I pulled the trigger. Best decision I ever made as far as buying a truck. I have had it now just over 7 months and 7200 miles and have made a cross country trek and back. No issues or anything. I couldn't be happier with my Ram so far. The Ford pales in comparison to what my Ram is.

D

Deleted member 80

I was a solid GM guy, never liked the Ford ... then they made the beautiful rams and I loved looking at them ... but refused to buy a truck that had the grill attached to the hood. At 6’6” last thing I need is another reason to hit my head. Then Ram put the grill back to where it should be and I fell in love. Test drove one and fell in love with 1500 ... 3 trucks later, I’ve moved onto my 4th ram and stepped up to the 2500. People just have their preferences in vehicles and like to bash everyone that doesn’t agree with them
Interesting take on the hood/grill. I much prefer the integral design like my '05 had.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Interesting take on the hood/grill. I much prefer the integral design like my '05 had.

Same here. I love it attached on my 2007. And it is way up there when opened but the truck is lifted on 37s.

I have always loved Dodge trucks. I just bought my third Ram. You can sprinkle some Jeeps in their too. Back in the 70 and 80s they were the hot ticket for desert-style offroad because they were lighter than the Ford and Chevy. I always wanted that 440 Ramcharger. I do remember they did not last long in the rust belt. I think it has taken a long time for them to get over that in some areas.

cobradvm

Reaction score
If you bought a brand new 2020 Ram truck, and then six months into ownership, it suffered a catastrophic engine failure and left you stranded at the side of the road, and will likely take at least 3 months before it's repaired, how would you feel about Ram trucks.?

cummins2020

Reaction score
If you bought a brand new 2020 Ram truck, and then six months into ownership, it suffered a catastrophic engine failure and left you stranded at the side of the road, and will likely take at least 3 months before it's repaired, how would you feel about Ram trucks.?
What caused the engine failure?????

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
I would still feel the same. Cause it would be much worse to me if it was a Chevy or ford I bought and they did it;)

It sucks when your the guy who bought the truck that has an issue. Main reason I can not bring myself to buy new...very often.

Hope the engine gets replaced and the replacement has no issues.

Yep...there are even Toyotas that have this happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread