Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. R

20x10 -18 offset??

Thanks. It keeps my weight capacity on truck so I can still haul what I need to and hardly messes with speedometer. At 65mph, I’m running 64. So didn’t need to do calibration. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. R

20x10 -18 offset??

305/55 R20. Toyo Open Country AT3. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. R

Recommendations on door 6x9 and dash speaker upgrade

Yuppers. I could only get them through their component kit. But since I have HK, everything is 4ohms. So it all went in nicely. Did need 1/4 spacer ring from Amazon for the front doors. Pertaining to the resistors, I would look into further. I’ve “heard” they produce a lot of heat. And since...
  4. R

I went with the Kenwood 3 1/2s. They are hard to get right now with all the supply issues, but they are beautiful sounding. I did all 3 1/2's.. From my understanding, since the factory are 8 ohms, and plugging in 4ohms, they may be a little "harsh" based on some people's experiences. If that...
  5. R

HK System entirely 4ohms

So I still wasn’t happy…go figure. Lol. The sub I got was dual 4ohm voice coils. Even original sub/amp combo seemed sloppy (to me). I added an amp to it. Running about 250watts rms just to the sub and tweaked it. It’s a beautiful thing. The whole truck is more “controlled” and balanced...
  6. R

HK System entirely 4ohms

Yes it is. They classify the coaxial speakers as 2. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. R

HK System entirely 4ohms

Using my metal panel popper, I was able to pop off the grills easily. The plastic one wasn’t cutting it. Now just waiting on the other mids to arrive so I can install them. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. R

HK System entirely 4ohms

Some pics comparing the components.
  9. R

HK System entirely 4ohms

I was thinking about the sails, but after installing the Kenwoods, it calmed down the mids and was able to hear the nuances in all the tweeters. After playing with it last night. I’m thinking the sensitivity is less on the Kenwoods mids (84db/1w) with higher sensitivity on their 6x9s. Why I...
  10. R

HK System entirely 4ohms

So I did a thing.. I upgraded most the speakers in the truck. I just couldn’t handle the front “sound stage” on the HK. Sometimes the highs were just so overwhelming it would hurt to listen to at times. I looked at the roof speakers, and could not figure a way to exchange those without...
  11. R

harman kardon vs Alpine stereo

Overall I agree. It’s a bandwidth issue. However, some tuners do sound better than others. My suburban XM account sounded great. Couldn’t tell the difference between iPod or XM. Same with some plug and play tuners. They sound great. I will admit, they were all XM before the merger. So now that...
  12. R

Active noice cancelling and changing speakers

Well, all I can say about my experience with the HK, it seems like I got all the frequencies back. Obviously some were being used to cancel noise, but seems much cleaner. I would assume would work the same with the Alpine. Downside is, yes you hear more road noise, tire noise, and exhaust...
  13. R

I originally read it like the system didn’t have a sub also, but then said to self - what system doesn’t have a sub except base radio. Also for a relatively low cost, if it didn’t work, wasn’t like I spend $100 on the thing. Lastly, the adapter is on the inbound side to amp/anc. Not the output...
  14. R

What upgraded system does the Ram have that doesn’t have a sub? Alpine and HK both are amplified upgrades with sub. It works… Before installed, I check the wire colors for the MIC input into the ANC, and they all matched to the cables “missing” in the bypass harness. They key is to disable to...
  15. R

LLJcustoms. They have a harness for the amplified systems. Plugged right in. https://lljcustoms.com/store/ols/products/2019-ram-anc-bypass Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. R

Dash 8, door 2 for 4ohm load on that channel. If they were each 2 ohms, it would be too much of a drop on the amp. A lot of amps can’t handle that low of impedance. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. R

harman kardon vs Alpine stereo

My old suburban wasn’t bad with the Bose system. My dads Sierra Bose system is so bass heavy, it’s horrible. I like my bass, but it’s not even deep bass, it’s the mid bass - it’s just blah. Was really not impressed when I heard his. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. R

Even though I have plans for mine, the ANC bypass made the HK sound better. Still not to my standards - but better. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. R

HK audio trim levels

I could be wrong - but I think the HK is the 12", and the Alpine is the 8.4. I just built one w/ the 12" on a Laramie Level 2... I did notice though - they got rid of the auto level air ride on the 6.4. Only available on the 6.7
  20. R

HK audio trim levels

my '19 Laramie Level 2 has HK on it as an additional option line on window sticker.