Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. M

TPMS (TIS) sensors for trailer (SOLVED - see 1st post) aka TTPMS - Trailer TPMS

Your instructions were right on. Other than the quirky workarounds needed for the ‘22 UC5, mine has been working great since installation. Thanks for putting in the effort to finally resolve this “range” issue.
  2. M

This continues to be reported by ‘22 UConnect5 owners. The doc for the latest patch 26.17 acknowledged this bug - but didn’t resolve it. Since 2019, none of the TTPMS systems have worked reliably…
  3. M

FINISHED.........Digital Tow Mode Camera Connection from Bumper to Bed

Just returned from a 1,700 mile camping trip - trying out the Tow Mode camera. Using @Webracin solution, I relocated the connector to the bed wall. The Tow Mode camera was completely stable and sharp throughout the trip - including many hook-ups and unhooks along the way. My trailer is a 40'...
  4. M

Uconnect 12.0 Update

Until the last update 24.17, you could not set the trailer tire pressure target. It would keep returning to “409”. Then, when you registered the trailer tires, they would all display normally until you shut the truck off. Upon restarting, you would get the message “Trailer Tire System Not...
  5. M

Uconnect 12.0 Update

Seems like the update fixed the UC5 erasing (or not saving) of the TTPMS configuration issue on the 2022s. Won’t know for sure until it starts to warm up out there. Now, if only they would get to the Trailering Nav function and the Diesel location/pricing on the Maps…
  6. M

That should work. The important thing that you solved is proving it’s a range issue and that you can disconnect/reconnect without wiping the config. BTW, when disconnected and you get the “not configured” error, do you just leave it and the config comes back after you reconnect… or do you do...
  7. M

CdnHO: Just confirming that the TTPMS is still configured in the UC5 after you unplug the module extension cable from the truck overnight and re-plug.
  8. M

2022 6.4 intermittent battery drain.

Isn’t this the same issue that someone posted a Star Publication S228A000030 on the UConnect 12 update thread a few days ago?
  9. M

Contact Nichols Mfg & Welding in Phoenix. See website.
  10. M

Uconnect 12.0 Update

Amazing list of basic complaints in RAM’s own documentation. Takes months for a firmware update that ends up addressing few issues. Then breaks other functions. It’s the Keystone Cops playing Whack-A-Mole at UConnect. How embarrassing. How about testing before you release the firmware. And think...
  11. M

Uconnect 12.0 Update

The 26.17 update on my ‘22 Limited suddenly gives me a radio button for “Towing Nav” on my Trailer Page where you configure the TTPMS. I read that Towing Nav version was part of the ‘23 config. When I press it , it says Trailer Nav at the top of the screen - but the screen stays white - like...
  12. M

Uconnect 12.0 Update

I just sat in it & left it running during update just to make sure.
  13. M

Uconnect 12.0 Update

I just successfully did mine. Make sure you formatted with NTFS and didn’t unzip before insertion. My USB was 2.0 for compatibility. Inserted it in USB at front of console. Took about an hour to update. Very slow between 40 and 54% but it keeps going.
  14. M

Uconnect 12.0 Update

Still no luck. Maybe later
  15. M

Uconnect 12.0 Update

I can't get this download to work. Google says "Quota exceeded". Tried all different times. Is the link broken or am I just "late to the party" and should just keep trying? Anyone else have this problem?
  16. M

Even though RAM photos 3500 DRWs hauling heavy 5th Wheels, I’ll bet 95% can’t get their TTPMS to work because of range issues. Even more amazing is that the 22s have a UConnect5 issue where even if you take off your trailer wheels and place them next to the truck to register, as soon as you...
  17. M

Remove left front trailer wheel and move it up near back of truck. Most issues with.TTPMS are “range issues”.
  18. M

Version 24.13 Uconnect 5 12” running list of bugs

The interaction with the UC5 and the Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TTPMS) Configuration is disabled on many UC5 12" systems . During the TTPMS Configuration on the UC5 - where you set the pressure and register all the sensors, the configuration completes successfully and displays the...
  19. M

I’ve had the same issue on my ‘22 since setup two times. Both times, had to take trailer wheels off and register next to truck. I have had it with both 23.3 and 24.3 on Uconnect 5.
  20. M

50 Gallon Fuel Tank

I ordered my 3500 Limited CC LB with the 50 gal tank. I also bought the Transfer Flow 70 gal Toolbox/Aux Tank for 120gal total capacity and heavy 5th Wheel towing range of about 1200 miles. (CT to Myrtle Beach w/30+ gals leftover). The Transfer Flow uses a module which plugs into the OBDII...