Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Farmer 5500

Ranch Hand bumper installed. Value of factory front bumper?

So I finally got my Ranch Hand style bumper done on my 5500. Wouldn’t mind selling the 4 year old factory front bumper. It’s in very good condition Any idea of selling value?
  2. Farmer 5500

Anyone use their PTO to power a front winch?

It would be a sort of fantasy project, but I see my PTO just sittin there unused. I’d like to have a winch bumper & winch. Bumper is available. Wondered about a winch running off the PTO? Would use the PTO to power a pump, then the pump pull hydraulic fluid from a reservoir to power the winch...
  3. Farmer 5500

Bumper pull trailer hook up strangeness

Bought a light duty 20’ bumper pull trailer for mowers & ATV’s yesterday. At dealer, trailer battery was dead. Dealer stole a battery from trailer next to it. We verified with a tester it was healthy. Drove 90 miles home. Now I’m pretty sure when my big gooseneck is hooked up, there’s a little...
  4. Farmer 5500

TPMS failures

6 months into ownership (late last summer), I experienced failure of one of the TPM's on a rear inside dual wheel. Dealer replaced it, seemed fine. 4 months later, the SAME TPM failed in the same wheel, of course. Bring it back to dealer. Instead of replacing it again, he tells me theres a...
  5. Farmer 5500

Memory seats and seat exit functions not working

I programmed my '20 5500 to move the seat all the way back when key turned off. Also had programmed 2 seat positions using the small buttons by the door handle. All these functions quit last week. When I use the buttons next to door handle to program seat memory positions, they show up as...
  6. Farmer 5500

Folding mirrors

When I bought my '20 Laramie 5500, I was under the impression the mirrors power folded. It said "power mirrors folding". I was wrong, it really said "power mirrors, folding" (paraphrasing), meaning the glass in the mirrors is power, but they do not fold with power, the fold manually. Anyway...
  7. Farmer 5500

RAM front winch bumper

Good morning all, Just joined moments ago. I am a 2020 5500 Laramie owner. I'm a hay farmer making round bales and big square bales. Using a 38,500lb 40' gooseneck for hauling them. I love my truck so far. Even low output Cummins pulls like a dream. First RAM/Cummins of my life! Only problems...
  8. Farmer 5500

New 5500 Cummins owner

Hay all, Just want to say hello. I bought my 2020 RAM 5500 Cummins Laramie about 11 months ago. Long time Ford sufferer. This is my first RAM, so I need suggestions & help with things Id like to do. Thanks and look forward to reading the forums