Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oil Thread - 6.4 Hemi

oppizzippo

Reaction score
Oil change day
20240420_122353.jpg
7.5qt of Redline 0w40 and a Ford Racing Filter....I know it sounds crazy, but the fl820 is the size/rating the 6.4 hemi in the cars calls for. There is a SRT filter available, but it's made in Poland. Went with the Ford racing that's Made in USA. Plenty of room for the big filter, if you like Fram filters the XG2 is probably the best option there. I think the Ford racing edges out all the others in this size. The "long" version of the factory filter is also a great choice, a lot of ram 1500 guys using it. If you research it the fl820 size ia difficult to install on the 1500s. So they have settled for the long filter. This was the standard size for all hemis at one time. In my opinion Ram cheaped out and made all the trucks use the tiny filter to save money.

I look forward to your opinions on a Ford filter on a Ram haha.

Dewey

Reaction score
Oil change day
View attachment 71983
7.5qt of Redline 0w40 and a Ford Racing Filter....I know it sounds crazy, but the fl820 is the size/rating the 6.4 hemi in the cars calls for. There is a SRT filter available, but it's made in Poland. Went with the Ford racing that's Made in USA. Plenty of room for the big filter, if you like Fram filters the XG2 is probably the best option there. I think the Ford racing edges out all the others in this size. The "long" version of the factory filter is also a great choice, a lot of ram 1500 guys using it. If you research it the fl820 size ia difficult to install on the 1500s. So they have settled for the long filter. This was the standard size for all hemis at one time. In my opinion Ram cheaped out and made all the trucks use the tiny filter to save money.

Man that's bad karma in my book.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Oil change day
View attachment 71983

Send it. There is a big motorcraft filter that fits on 4.0 jeeps, too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread