Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Webracin

1. W

2022 Ram Tow/Trailer Camera Options

Try this thread.... https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/finished-digital-tow-mode-camera-connection-from-bumper-to-bed.8137/
  2. W

Can't help with the part number, but it should be wired all the way to the back drivers side of the cab. You can check inside the mirror housing to see if both video connections have a cable. If both video inputs are there, then you only need the cable that runs from the cab to the back of the...
  3. W

FINISHED.........Digital Tow Mode Camera Connection from Bumper to Bed

Hold on to the connector and use a Cresent wrench on the nut to seperate the 2.
  4. W

Uconnect 5 update!

I have been working with the Uconnect team on some issues I have had after the last update. Things like the top and bottom of the screen disappear randomly, the system buffers for about 30 sec randomly and you can't control anything, including the volume, etc. I was told that My22.S24.13...
  5. W

Digital Rear View Mirror with Rear View Trailer Camera

Just came across this thread. i have moved the digital rear view from the bumper to the bed, and the full write up is here..... https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/finished-digital-tow-mode-camera-connection-from-bumper-to-bed.8137/ I have also made my own umbilical and tested it out...
  6. W

360 Trailer Surround Camera Install

Wow.....that does look awesome! Thanks again for the pics. Once I get my camper back from the dealer, I will get a writeup done. I at least now have a plan!
  7. W

@kkerley so many questions! I have a fiberglass cap on the front of mine, and am worried that it is all the front camera will pick up. Also did you use 3m tape or drill holes to mount them. I dont like the idea of drilling 12 holes in the side or roof (depending on how I mount them). And...
  8. W

Has anyone installed the 4 camera's on their 5th wheel? I am trying to get ideas on where to mount the front cap camera and how it will look on the display screen. Pictures would be greatly appreciated!
  9. W

The Fakra Z I listed will work you can get any length of the Fakra Z as the connectors are universal. Plastic would make a good spacer, as steel will rust and wood will rot over time. As long as its .25" thick, you should be fine. As for the bumper and bed option, the square plug is 100...
  10. W

If you look at the first post, i have put in both Fakra and TNC cables to extend the length, as well as the dimensions of the spacer for mounting in the bed.
  11. W

Not sure if it can be ordered yet, but that is the part number on the bag for the trailer camera. I would imagine they are reserving any kits for the new truck builds until the chip shortage is more in control.
  12. W

2022 Mega 3500, Loud droning noise on highway

Mine went to the dealer as well. Amp is on order so glad to hear this fixes the issue!
  13. W

I have the 12 pin camera on the 5th wheel now, but will be replacing it with the Digital Rearview Camera. I will be following the same path. The only real way to do it is to run the cable up from the bottom in the middle of the wall and put the camera under the window. I dont have a pic yet...
  14. W

Fyi....this is for the Digital Trailer Rearview coax connection, not the 12 pin. The 12 pin on the 2022 is the same.....with 5th wheel prep, the cable is connected in the bed. Without, its connected to the bumper.
  15. W

Yes it already had the Digital rearview. This is for the one that will mount on my 5th wheel camper. They only put the digital tow connector on the bumper, and none in the bed, where it should be for a 5th wheel or gooseneck trailer. In the pics, I was just showing it works....still have to...