Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Vroooom

1. V

Uconnect 4 to 5 upgrade?

Thats awesome! Thank you for replying and for diggin into this. I'll keep an eye on your progress.
  2. V

Uconnect 4 to 5 upgrade?

Howdy, all. I have a 2021 Laramie with the uconnect 12.1 and, for the most part, I love it. However...it has been haveing a few intermittant problems lately and those seems to be increasong in both their frequency and duration. So....it has be pondering: Whatcha think the chances might be...
  3. V

Trailer Wiring 101

This is old news to many, but I found it exceptionally helpful....especially at the 7:00 mark where he explains the alternative function of the reverse-circuit. You can ignore his color designations....apparently trailer wire color standardization is still a true s#@!-show and every MFG is...
  4. V

Dual exhaust???

I honestly don’t know. It could easily have been purely cosmetic. (Shrug)
  5. V

Dual exhaust???

Very quick disclaimer: I am not some sort of catalog-queen/Drugstore-cowboy Who thinks I am smarter than a building full of engineers with decades of experience, or who feels the need to demonstrate how fat my wallet is with how much bling I can strap on to my truck. I am all about people doing...
  6. V

I've had my '21 for one week, as of today.....

I thought so too. as I mentioned earlier, fuel efficiency and fuel cost are a small factor in the calculus of my decision. But they are still a factor. Acquisition cost, operation cost, maintenance cost, all of those are also factors. The salesman claiming that the diesel has a better resale...
  7. V

Looks like any other Granite M/C. But I think Ive seen other threads where you have one on order, and I completely understand the thirst for visual-gratification (been there, done that...a lot). I'll try to figure out how to send you some pix of my truck.
  8. V

Chassis Cab Crew Cab - Rear Passthrough?

fgbm, I am also planning to install the WeBoost Reach OTR. Ive read lots of reviews and watched lots of videos on it and it seems to do a great job at what it was designed to do. Where are you planning to mount the INTERIOR antenna? I was thinking that I would velcro mine into the small...
  9. V

Totally understandable question and one that I struggled with for months while I was “designing” my truck. And every day I wonder if I did...or didn’t....choose wisely. BOTH engine options have their advantages AND their disadvantages. diesel gets more miles per gallon, but diesel costs...
  10. V

Heated Side Mirrors

Most definitely!!! Yeah....Hell has certainly frozen-over. When I was stationed in Europe (long long ago in a lifetime far far away) I remember watching a 63-ton M-1 slide through an intersection because not even tracks (with road-pads) have traction on ICE. My squad could push our...
  11. V

Heated Side Mirrors

I know that this is old news to most of y'all, but its new to me. Here in TX we dont get much need for our Heated Side Mirrors, but I was driving through the ice storm on Thursday and cussing the fact that my heated mirrors weren't working....470 miles into it I finally relented and watched a...
  12. V

NAVIKS

Bump
  13. V

I’m still learning about all this stuff and I am WELL AWARE that learning from books and internet are no comparison to real world experience....so I am all ears for any feedback. that being said, I do have some experience with operating Ford F-250 diesels and from that experience, plus some...
  14. V

I am only familiar with: §383.91 Commercial motor vehicle groups. (a) Vehicle group descriptions. Each driver applicant must possess and be tested on his/her knowledge and skills, described in subpart G of this part, for the commercial motor vehicle group(s) for which he/she desires a CDL. The...
  15. V

That's what I'm thinking. I do keep the tri-ball hitch in-place. And I think that may be what it triggering the back-up warning which sounds-off about 80-90% of the time when I am backing up. Sadly, I reckon my 2017 and 2019 were just smart enough to figure out that if the "object" is...