Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chassis Cab Crew Cab - Rear Passthrough?

fbgm

Reaction score
I'm about to install a weBoost Drive OTR system in the truck and I (ideally) will be mounting the exterior antenna on the headache rack of my CM SK bed. In order to do this, I'm hoping to find a place in the rear of the cab to pass the antenna cable through. Has anyone done this before, or can point me to a good location to run the antenna cable through? Thanks in advance!

Chrisminx

Reaction score
I've run antenna cables through the drain plugs in the floorpan under the carpet or vinyl

fbgm

Reaction score
Oh, damn, i forgot those were there, thanks! I'll see if i can pull up the vinyl and get to them easily :-D

fbgm

Reaction score
thanks @Chrisminx , i ended up using the brake cable penetration at the driver's door. appreciate you reminding me that those existed :)

Vroooom

Reaction score
I'm about to install a weBoost Drive OTR system in the truck and I (ideally) will be mounting the exterior antenna on the headache rack of my CM SK bed. In order to do this, I'm hoping to find a place in the rear of the cab to pass the antenna cable through. Has anyone done this before, or can point me to a good location to run the antenna cable through? Thanks in advance!
fgbm,

I am also planning to install the WeBoost Reach OTR. Ive read lots of reviews and watched lots of videos on it and it seems to do a great job at what it was designed to do.

Where are you planning to mount the INTERIOR antenna? I was thinking that I would velcro mine into the small cargo trey that is in the dashboard at the top of the center radio stack. I have phone mounts on either side of that, so the phones would always be within about 6" of the WeBoost INTERIOR antenna.

I look forward to following your progress and hearing you impressions. Its hard to believe that there are no other WeBoost posts in this forum.

Happy Trails.

fbgm

Reaction score
I mounted it to my b-pillar to make it easy. Traditionally, this is where they go. However, like you, my phone is in the center console area, high up (it's on a mount in that tray). I may move the antenna there, but the antenna should be sufficient to impact your reception as long as it's place anywhere in the vehicle. FWIW, I work on cellular systems as my day job.

Users who are viewing this thread