Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by TxRam

1. T

Remote start added to 2020 Tradesman (SOLVED)

Cheapest way is to open up your remote and solder in the required buttons. You don't get a fancy looking cover, but you get remote tailgate drop immediately, and remote start after changing the settings with AlfaOBD
  2. T

Adding EVIC Offroad Pages?

I added them all and didn't mess anything up. Didn't do anything for me either, as I don't have the right gauge cluster. I disabled them once I figured out I'm too much of a peasant. I did successfully give myself front camera buttons while playing with the off-road settings though, so not a...
  3. T

Remove lower fender trim to install side steps?

Passenger side, but plenty of clearance.
  4. T

Remove lower fender trim to install side steps?

I'll take pics up under mine tomorrow (drove the bike to work), but, I didn't have to remove anything other than the random pieces of tape covering holes. It was the same on the 2020 that I bought the steps for, and the 2022 they're currently on. Both are Tradesman.
  5. T

Honking - chirping - 3 three horn beeps honks chirps - when I leave my vehicle - merged threads

Open up a fob, desolder buttons, and you'll have a dead fob that is only good for starting. I don't think you can program a fob to exist solely as a "fob in vehicle". If a registered fob is there, the vehicle can be started. No, AlphaOBD cannot correct the honking. A viable solution a few...
  6. T

Go key on, engine off. Now that you have lights, you should be able to connect. I don't know why I told you ACC position.
  7. T

Looks like it's not even seeing the OBD module. Verify you have a good connection to the OBD port off of the bypass cable. Make sure the cable is plugged into the ODB port well. Turn ignition to Aux. Your OBD module should have some sort of LED saying it has power.
  8. T

Aux switches passthrough

Yep, looks like I can use the other (under dash) upfitter connection and tie into the firewall blunt cuts for what I'm needing to do. That will leave the aux passthrough circuits open for other goodies in the future. My low pressure switch is switched ground, so I just need to find a keyed...
  9. T

Aux switches passthrough

Thank you both, exactly what I needed
  10. T

Aux switches passthrough

Apparently pin 4 of the second aux switch connector under the hood, is a pass through. Where does it go? I wired in my air tank and dump switches, and decided to ignore the low air light until I got around to drilling a hole for the wire. It appears that I might not need to, if I can figure...
  11. T

Super easy. Flash light helps. I had issues removing it, as the retainer clip on one didn't want to release correctly. After I got it out, I cut off the retainer clips and haven't had another issue. Total install time, if not mounting it permanent, is <5 minutes, having never done it before.
  12. T

AlfaOBD

Quite. I don't know why they would do that though, considering how few poverty models have fancy mirrors. BSM, power fold, power convex, power main, blinky light, guidance light, and sideview camera. It would be strange to make a special mirror just for that.
  13. T

AlfaOBD

I was going through my config file and noticed I never turned "auto-fold" back off after trying that out. I don't know if it caused any sort of conflict. I just turned that off and turned the memory mirrors and tilt options back on. Option is in my radio, but no tilt as of yet. I'll give it...
  14. T

AlfaOBD

Finally got around to adding current gear status. Thank you guys for saying I had to turn it on in the evic. Wouldn't have thought to look there and would have thought it didn't work. Much better than always hitting the gear limit button.