Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aux switches passthrough

TxRam

Reaction score
Apparently pin 4 of the second aux switch connector under the hood, is a pass through. Where does it go? I wired in my air tank and dump switches, and decided to ignore the low air light until I got around to drilling a hole for the wire. It appears that I might not need to, if I can figure out where the "passthrough" passes through.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220427-202248_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220427-202248_Drive.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 31

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

TxRam

Reaction score
Yep, looks like I can use the other (under dash) upfitter connection and tie into the firewall blunt cuts for what I'm needing to do. That will leave the aux passthrough circuits open for other goodies in the future.

My low pressure switch is switched ground, so I just need to find a keyed hot to tie the other end of the led into under the dash.

The linked video and discussions helped clarify the questions I had. Many thanks.

relbus

Reaction score
Hoping someone can help me figure out where I made an error?

I attempted to wire my baja reverse lights to Aux2. I ran Aux2 on dark gray aux connector to light gray aux connector #4 pass through. I took the 6 pin connector near parking break and cut the jumper pink/orange that goes to pins 1 and 6. I connected the pin 1 wire to pin 5 wire violet/yellow. The BD lights are wired to the red white blunt cut wire above spare tire.

As soon as I plug in the 6 pin connector near parking brake , the lights light up. However I cannot turn them off, they are on constant.

I have reviewed many of these threads and cannot see where I went wrong. Can anyone help? I hate to have to run a wire from aux 2 to the rear of the truck...but thats about where I am at currently. I removed the 6 pin connector near parking break and the lights are out at the moment.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Hoping someone can help me figure out where I made an error?

I attempted to wire my baja reverse lights to Aux2. I ran Aux2 on dark gray aux connector to light gray aux connector #4 pass through. I took the 6 pin connector near parking break and cut the jumper pink/orange that goes to pins 1 and 6. I connected the pin 1 wire to pin 5 wire violet/yellow. The BD lights are wired to the red white blunt cut wire above spare tire.

As soon as I plug in the 6 pin connector near parking brake , the lights light up. However I cannot turn them off, they are on constant.

I have reviewed many of these threads and cannot see where I went wrong. Can anyone help? I hate to have to run a wire from aux 2 to the rear of the truck...but thats about where I am at currently. I removed the 6 pin connector near parking break and the lights are out at the moment.

RD/WH is constant battery power.

You should be connected to PK/OR if you used pin 1.

1663897002817.png

1663898573087.png

Attachments

• 1663898133758.png
    1663898133758.png
    190.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread