Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by TW720HVY

1. TW720HVY

Air Springs for 5th Wheel

Thanks for this great information. I was watching a video of someone installing a cradle (off amazon) that did not line up with the holes on the AirLift lower bracket assembly. Does the Daystar cradle line up with the holes, or will I also need to drill a new hole in the bracket?
  2. TW720HVY

2022 2500 Tradesman Transmission Downshift Issue

I don't believe my truck was part of the CP4 recall, and I have not had it to the dealership yet.
  3. TW720HVY

2022 2500 Tradesman Transmission Downshift Issue

I did a couple of searches for this but did not come up with anything, hopefully this is not a duplicate topic. This past week our 2022 2500 Tradesman started shifting harder than usual, it has 10,000 miles on it, mostly country and highway driving with half the time pulling a goose neck horse...
  4. TW720HVY

Pre Heat Before Starting Question

I was able to take a picture when the trucks recently needed preheat. They're different trucks, however both have shown the same messages. In fact, this day the truck that auto started after the preheat was in a warmer garage. I would really like to know the logic behind what makes the truck...
  5. TW720HVY

Rinse Aid to Prevent Hard Water Spots

Thank yo for this link, I needed replacement parts and the local plumbing supplier didn't have what I needed.
  6. TW720HVY

Rinse Aid to Prevent Hard Water Spots

I currently have that system as well, in fact I like most of their products. We are getting a polished aluminum trailer and I will be adding this system, down stream of the Griot's. This setup has a TDS meter built in, and my hope is the Griot's will pre-treat the water before the next filter...
  7. TW720HVY

Are Other Drivers Getting More....

I adjusted the Mini's headlights last, they were about 2" higher than the recommend height off the YouTube videos. We will see if this I was originally talking about my car, but the other night I had a couple flash my (empty) 2500. To answer your question, no it is not leveled, I pull a...
  8. TW720HVY

I only use that on the back roads, and the BMW/Mini system is very good and it immediately adjusts, unlike our RAMS auto high beam system. I do not rely on the RAM's auto high beam feature, because I agree it doesn't adjust soon enough. I have in fact, my wife followed me from South Florida...
  9. TW720HVY

Are other drivers more light sensitive or are they just getting more angry? My late night drives home from work have been getting frustrating, more and more people seem to be flashing their headlights, flipping me off and sometimes playing games. It's robbing me of my serenity lately, and I...
  10. TW720HVY

The randomness of the need to press the start button again verses it automatically starting after a countdown is not related to the auto start. My 2500 is a Tradesman and our 3500 has auto start, they both do this.
  11. TW720HVY

Not always the case, there's been several times when the countdown preheat is over and the trucks starts with me outside of it. Trying to figure out the logic or algorithm.
  12. TW720HVY

That's exactly what I have experienced as well. I always keep my foot on the brake, and I never just press the start button to start the preheat. Glad I am not alone. Maybe it has to do with an outside temperature range.
  13. TW720HVY

I am not completely sure the foot on the brake has anything to do with it, the reason being, the dash display says something like... Diesel Preheat in Progress or Diesel Preheat in Progress Engine will automatically start when complete (or something similar) Both messages appear the...
  14. TW720HVY

Sorry if I missed this thread, but I did a search and didn't see one. Does anyone know why the engine will auto-start after pre heating one day, and the next I'll have to press the start button when the pre heat is completed?
  15. TW720HVY

SiriusXM radio preset issue work around

Thanks for the radio lesson, I had no idea.