Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by str_8_shot

1. str_8_shot

Auto tailgate problems?

The same dealership that replaced the CP4, had it twice for the tailgate before the CP4. They said I had to find a dealership with a body shop.
  2. str_8_shot

Auto tailgate problems?

I think FCA/Ram is gonna take care of me, and have a body shop attempt to align it. Sad thing is the dealership had it for 7days and didn’t address the issue.
  3. str_8_shot

Auto tailgate problems?

My alignment is off, I took it to a local body shop and they wanted $250.00 to realign the thing. With the truck still under a bumper to bumper warranty, I want Ram to fix it. Auto-open has never worked, and the shutting problem isn’t all the time, but when it happens it’s not making any...
  4. str_8_shot

Auto tailgate problems?

@Rockcrawlerdude , grown folks are talking... My dealership seems to think, they don’t have to make it work correctly. If it’s not working and they’re saying it can’t be adjusted anymore...what is the remedy?
  5. str_8_shot

CP4 to CP-ISB21S3 (revised CP3) change for 2021 6.7L Diesel Trucks -- Merged Threads

@UglyViking I’m 100% with you, as far as HD trucks go I’m not sure what’s “safe” to buy these days. I get the CP3 kit is available, but I fear if I changed anything outside FCA/Ram it would void parts of my warranty. Not to mention, I’d hate to come out of pocket for a CP3 kit with less than...
  6. str_8_shot

CP4 to CP-ISB21S3 (revised CP3) change for 2021 6.7L Diesel Trucks -- Merged Threads

I mean I’ll buy something else! Plain and simple, it doesn’t matter the badge on the grill if the truck stays in the shop. As I’ve posted before... I’ve had a shifting issue, electrical issues, CP4 failure, ECU replaced, radio/Nav/ backup camera go out (replaced),auto tailgate hasn’t worked...
  7. str_8_shot

^^^^^ I’ll be the difference between keeping mine, or going to another brand.
  8. str_8_shot

CP4 Changes - to large dimple symmetrical cam version

Any update on your case? Im in the same boat.
  9. str_8_shot

CP4 Fuel pump failure at 7200 miles and 6 months into ownership of my 2020 Ram 2500.

Can’t speak for others, but yes I did. Filed suit in September 2020, still waiting for the case to be resolved with FCA. Mine happened in the first 6 months/ 6k miles, and I was without the vehicle from July- November 2020.
  10. str_8_shot

Auto tailgate problems?

My auto-open doesn’t work, have to slam it a couple times for it to latch. The trucks still has under 10k miles on it, somebody’s gonna fix mine. lol Dealership replaced the rubber stoppers, that didn’t help either.
  11. str_8_shot

Auto tailgate problems?

Anyone else having issues with their auto tailgate? Mine hasn’t worked since day one, 3 trips to shop with no repair. Ram dealer said the bed liner was to thick, even though I had this issue before liner was installed (LINE-X). Had a body shop check it today, they stated no way it’s the liner...
  12. str_8_shot

Correct, I’m willing to bet money we’re stuck with these CP4 trucks... If you’re “lucky” enough that it fails during warranty period, you get another CP4 to get you out of warranty.
  13. str_8_shot

Thanks brutal-HO for the reply. I’ve hear all this talk about adding another fuel tank also, or running it low on fuel was the cause of pump failure...this isn’t credible to me either. I can speak from experience, I never ran mine below 1/2 tank ever. When the pump exploded they drained over...