Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CP4 to CP-ISB21S3 (revised CP3) change for 2021 6.7L Diesel Trucks -- Merged Threads

Bocephus

Reaction score
It’s ok that’ it’s a crap show. If the end result is good. Everyone including admin cool down. This is America. Everyone is free to get a little worked up. It is a pain for new people to read Thur all the pages but I think after we pasted 20 pages it really doesn’t matter. Skip to the end and wait for results

UglyViking

Reaction score
@Gadgetguru that is a good sign, although I'd imagine if you came with a failed CP4 and your dealer didn't have one in stock it would cause some questions. Wonder how long it's been discontinued.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

False flag. Now you guys are just making stuff up.

That's probably the asym pump and it's an old PN:

KBob

Reaction score
So would it or would it not?
It's never that simple. Hose connection points, Programming, Wiring connections. It probably can be done, but not plug, and play. FCA would have to build a special R&R kit with it's own unique part number. That's what I'm waiting for even if I have to pay for it..... only cautiously optimistic.

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
Stellantis is playing the long game on this. The issue, even though broadcast to automotive media, never caught major attention. We're now talking about 2022 models. RAM PR has been absent on this thread for months. They are watching as this issue dies out, vehicles get older, rack up more miles, and drop out of warranty.

Ever play Farcry 5? Epic game. Anyway, Mike Koval Jr. is playing the role of The Father at the closing of the opening cinematic. You're strapped to your RAM that's broken down with the CP4 about to catch the thing on fire, and he leans in to grab your phone as you post and whispers "No one is coming to save you".

~Fin.

KBob

Reaction score
Stellantis is playing the long game on this.
Quite Likely. That means Spring 2025 for me, as I will never get close to 100K, and won't touch a single thing on the truck until then. Doing due diligence, on filters, and fuel choices, there's a good chance I'll make it. Sadly all we can hope for is a rash of failures in the next couple years, at $10K a pop, to move the needle.
Now the next question, How Long will the CP-3 no tune kits be readily available? Do I wait until 2025, or buy one in the next 18 months to have on the shelf? At my age this will be the First, and Last Diesel truck I ever I buy, as only use it to haul my 5th Wheel Camper 8 to 10K a year. If I could get a green light, in writing, to convert to CP-3, and not effect my warranty I'd do it ASAP........ Hear Say isn't good enough for me. :rolleyes:

Wayne007

Reaction score
It is kinda peculiar that we haven't heard a peep out of @RamCares . You'd think they'd man up and either tell us something's in the works in the very near future or pound sand. At this point I just want to know where we stand!

MtnRider

Reaction score
It is kinda peculiar that we haven't heard a peep out of @RamCares . You'd think they'd man up and either tell us something's in the works in the very near future or pound sand. At this point I just want to know where we stand!

They will Never tell you to pound sand, they will simply let it die out quietly.
Epsilon is spot on I think, they are playing the long game and it appears it is already dying out. There seems to be a lot less new cases popping up lately. My guess is their "discovery" period did yield big numbers, at least not big enough for them to do a recall on it. I'd be surprised if they did anything at this point to be honest. Pure speculation of course but that's what I am leaning towards.

Users who are viewing this thread